JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you bloody kidding me? Ive been going to the Expo Center Gun Show for YEARS, ever since I was like 5 years old! Ive had a BiMart card for probably 15 years now and I never knew you could get a discount for it! Ive been paying the full 8 bucks all this time! D**n it!!

Tell me that this is something that they just started........

nope they have been doing it for years they note it in some of their ads. Another reason to love bimart

there will still be stores around since alot of people want to "FEEL/HANDLE" what they are going to buy. there will be stores that will close, but if they adapt there is no reason they cant make a go of it. I think location is a big issue. if you want to rent expensive floor space in town then it could make a dif. if move futher out or own your own building, then it makes a dif too.

for the people that dont like the flea market stuff, theres the Oregon Arms Collectors show at the end of each month. they arent as big, but they do limit the non gun stuff.

Puyallup has one, but you have to drive there. im sure the B&M will complain about that. There are the small ones around town, but the variety wont be there.

with regards to RCGS, there has been some management changes and some of that has included some personal issues. Even tho it has changed and maybe not for the best, i will still go until i belive its not a benefit to ME. No one else wil persuade me others wise including OPO here and anywhere else. People will B&M about parking, entrance, hotdogs, coffee, but i can bet you that when it comes down to it, they will spend 3x the amount to go see a sports/concert or whatever.

Yah, Internet has killed many "BRICK and MORTAR" businesses. And it looks like the Rose City Gun and Knife show will be a causality soon a long with Comp USA, Circuit City, and many others.

]

Have you been to any of the recent gun shows at the expo? They are as busy as ever, and more! I dont think the show is in any danger of closing from the internet anytime soon. You could tell with Comp USA and Circuit City when you went in their store that they were hurting, since half the time you and one other customer would be the only ones in the store besides the employees. Definately not the case with the expo show.

It's been my observation that the surviving B&M stores are catching up with the Internet phenomenon. Most places are offering prices at least as good as Internet price plus shipping, in my experience. Gun stores aren't the only ones; I find it in music (equipment) stores, too.

Of course, with some of the absolutely absurd asking prices I've seen on online guns recently (auction/sales sites and forums), the B&Ms would have to stretch to charge more.

-- Sam

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads