JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm fairly new to area, just found out about this monthly show...is it really worth it, compared to normal good prices at places like The Gun Broker? Does it focus on any particular types of gun or is it all inclusive? Is it just the stores that show up with their stuff?

a lot of the stores show up and stores from out the area so prices can be competitive if you know how to haggle, in other words see a price on one table go to another and say hey its $ over there can you do better? not like it used to be before measure 5 passed where private parties would set up shop man there was some great deals back in those days ( a certain dealer supported that btw to keep out competition)

good deals on beanie babies, beef jerky, and airsoft

probably the best prices on bulk ammo your gonna find from a dealer unless you mail order.

all kinds of arms from hunting, collecting, surplus, and black rifle

knives and surplus stuff

parts guys and guys selling clips and magazines optics slings and holsters you name it gun stuff

lots to look at

worth the $8 (minus $2 with bi mart card) and $6 to park? depends on what your looking for.

sometimes you can find a really good deal or that hard to find item
you will see some oh my gosh high prices as well

The gun shows at the expo center are very big with lots of stuff to look at. If you shop around you can usually find deals as good as local dealers. I like the variety of stuff you can find there, stuff thats just cool to look at. The thing that gets me is you have to pay something like $7 to park then another $8 or so to get inside. Don't quote me on the prices but its something like that. So if you just go to look around and get some ammo or something you end up paying more for it. You have to think of the initial cost of getting in like it is the ticket to a movie and enjoy the "show" of looking at all the cool stuff.

it all depends on what your expectations are.

some poeple feel their stuff is worth 100% more then yours. however, when it comes to buying your stuff, they dont think its worth that.

of course there are the big mouths too. after you buy a gun the big mouth will say "you paid too much, i could have got it for 50 dollars" , yeah right.

if you want to try/handle different guns in one stop, then yes its a great way to do it.

you CAN find good deals there too, but you have to know what youre looking for and have PATIENCE. sometimes you wont find that deal either. it really depends on what. If you want the hot ARs now for 400$, good luck. you have to be reaistic. Also, some people dont think this or that gun is worth whatever amount. Well, the seller/mfg dont care what you think. its supply and demand.

I try to buy my ammo/components there since there are dealers that have BULK components. Its less expensive for me to buy there then thru midway or other places.

ive made some good friends/contacts there and they will work with me on price eventho they wont with others. but ive been going there for 25+ years and some people dont want to cultivate a relationship like that since they "want it yesterday".

what i would do is to go there once and see for youself. save your beer/cigarette/drug/coffee money for a day or 2 and go to the next show. you can drive there or take the Yellow line Max. But you will have to walk across the parking lot. sometimes its best to find out for youself instead of taking OPO.

Yeah, you're not going to walk in there and find a gun for $100 less than you've seen it before. Maybe you'll see one you can get without having to pay shipping, but in general, the local dealers just bring their stock and attempt to sell it at their regular price. It's a place to go see guns en mass, not necessarily get a killer deal.

It can be a great place to pick up a new belt, some odd CLP you can't find elsewhere (there's a Gunzilla rep, and that's good stuff, imo), and of course dolls (er, "action figures"), MREs, Chinese tool sets, etc, etc...

I was surprised when I made the trek up there for one of the shows, and found it very much like the Albany show, only a little bigger. (If you haven't been to the ARPC shows in Albany - Spring and Fall - they've grown to quite a respectable size in recent years.)

I think the days are just about gone where you're going to find some old farmer trying to get rid of his pristine prewar S&W for $100. Gunbroker, et al, make it too easy for people to come up with unrealistic expectations for their guns! ;)

-- Sam

worth the $8 (minus $2 with bi mart card) and $6 to park?

Are you bloody kidding me? Ive been going to the Expo Center Gun Show for YEARS, ever since I was like 5 years old! Ive had a BiMart card for probably 15 years now and I never knew you could get a discount for it! Ive been paying the full 8 bucks all this time! D**n it!!

Tell me that this is something that they just started........

Are you bloody kidding me? Ive been going to the Expo Center Gun Show for YEARS, ever since I was like 5 years old! Ive had a BiMart card for probably 15 years now and I never knew you could get a discount for it! Ive been paying the full 8 bucks all this time! D**n it!!

Tell me that this is something that they just started........

Same here. Wow.

Its always go to go to the show if not for anything else you get to hang out with plenty of kindred spirits.
I always tell the wife I am going to spend some time with 'my people'. ;)

Same here. Wow.

Its always go to go to the show if not for anything else you get to hang out with plenty of kindred spirits.
I always tell the wife I am going to spend some time with 'my people'. ;)

What I hate is going to it when you know you cant spend much more than the 8 bucks(or 6 I guess d**n it) and the parking fee you pay to get in. Yes, its cool to look and drool, but thts exactly why I dont go to strip clubs anymore. If you cant take it home, whats the point? (Well, that and I have a wife and kids, I dont go there because of them also!) Its still manditory to go though, even if you cant spend tons of dough!

Ok, for the record:
Parking is $7/vehicle unless you have 3 or more people - then it is considered a carpool and will run you $6.
Admission is now $9, unless you use the Bimart card, reducing it to $7.
So it could cost you as much as $16 to get in, or if you carpool with people that have a Bimart card, you could split parking 3 ways and get a $2 discount, making it an affordable $9 total. Even better, get 6 people in your car and everybody pays $1 each for parking.
So.......... who's going to the next show and has a large vehicle................?
I have a Bimart card. :s0155:

If your looking for bulk ammo at a good price, you aren't going to find it at the gun show. Most people on this site, including myself, sell it for cheaper than the show.

the expo gun shows are dead to me. $16 to get in? to look at rows & rows of garage sale nik-nak bullsh!t ? If you must go, go armed, with current prices for items you could get on the Internet, MINUS the shipping & handling charges. you just paid that to get into the place!!!!

I have been going to the show for years. You meet some real craftsmen sometimes. Great smiths... stock makers etc.. And it's a great place to see a lot of guns. Some of the same popular ones everywhere.. and sometimes unique and new guns. I went to the show both Sat & Sun. $7.00 to park $9.00 to get in. I spent about $5,000.00 on toys :D

MO

I found a NIB camo Benelli Super Black Eagle for an even $1000. I thought that was a good deal. I just happened to be in town for the show, my cousin had a free pass for me and we parked across the street to walk in for free.

I agree though, know what your internet prices are before going in so you're informed.

What?!?! You mean it's ok to inform a vendor that you could find it somewhere cheaper? If you try to do that on someone's ad here, they accuse you of threadcrapping and you draw the ire of the entire NWFA community. Double standard anyone.....?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top