JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Is Ownership of Guns Itself Evidence of Drug Dealing?

" ... the Government points out that Mr. Franklin also owns several firearms, which the Government contends
"have long been recognized as being 'tools of the drug trade.'"

[Doc. 87 at 6 n.2 (quoting in part United States v. Ward, 171 F.3d 188, 195 (4th Cir. 1999)].
It is undisputed, however, that Mr. Franklin owned these firearms legally; "
-- Highlighting added

You mean to say the person writing that article is claiming those involved in criminal activity typically arm themselves just as the pro self preservation law abiding do?!
Next they'll be claiming criminals also drink water and breath air..

You mean to say the person writing that article is claiming those involved in criminal activity typically arm themselves just as the pro self preservation law abiding do?!
Not quite.

The Government argues, that we as gun owners, are by suspicions, drug dealers.

Therefore, they can search you, your car, house, etc, under the war on drugs.

In this specific case from the article, the court said no that was overreach. But we can't count on the next court agreeing.

Not quite.

In this specific case from the article, the court said no that was overreach. But we can't count on the next court agreeing.
Messy times we're in.

Is Ownership of Guns Itself Evidence of Drug Dealing?

" ... the Government points out that Mr. Franklin also owns several firearms, which the Government contends
"have long been recognized as being 'tools of the drug trade.'"

[Doc. 87 at 6 n.2 (quoting in part United States v. Ward, 171 F.3d 188, 195 (4th Cir. 1999)].
It is undisputed, however, that Mr. Franklin owned these firearms legally; "
-- Highlighting added
Gigantic leap here. Dunno where this line of thought came from. This tiny fragment of the sum total of the case - if twisted or taken out of context - can be made to mean almost anything. The same as saying legs are used, cell phones, social media, vocal cords or vehicles.

Not quite.

Which site posted this? Pure paranoia.

Maybe just make life easier for the ruling class ( lawyers). Make every citizen pre guilty of every conceivable offense possible, forcing them to lawyer up before daring to leave their homes.

Well say it this way......

When writing a search warrant for say a suspected drug crime......
Yeah, you might want to include.....besides the illegal drugs.......
Guns/firearms/ammunition
Money
Computers
Vehicles

In and of itself, are they legal to own (besides the drugs that is). But yeah.....the items could be used to further facilitate the drug trade/sales/etc.....

Nah.....let them keep the money. Vehicles, computers, guns and ammo too?

Imagine what else might be found on that computer? Oh yeah!

Rrrrrright......
The cops only want to STEAL everything gained from an alleged dealer's hard work.

Aloha, Mark

I guess it could be stretched like that… In the same way having an opinion is an indicator of planning to overthrow the Government or owning a van indicates you want to abduct kids from playgrounds. If the "authorities" want to "get" you, they can put it in a warrant and try to find a flexible Judge to rubber stamp it… especially if that Judge is up for re-election in a Blue jurisdiction.

That packet of emergency cash you squirreled behind the picture hanging in the stairwell will become "drug money" and those knives in your kitchen will become "weapons" when they are explaining to the media why your Yorky was shot due to an "anonymous tip".

That's why the growing erosion of public trust in our institutions is destroying the Nation… 20 years ago it never would have been a concern.

Before you start smearing the source, try reading the article.

Reason is a libertarian magazine published monthly in the United States by the Reason Foundation. The magazine has a circulation of around 50,000 and was named one of the 50 best magazines in 2003 and 2004 by the Chicago Tribune
Who am I smearing? Please clarify!
Ah, clarity...the entire problem here.

The thread title might benefit from a little editing, such as:

"Liberal prosecutor attempts to link simple gun ownership with drug dealing"?

Eric Holder

Ollie North

Etc.

~~~~~

With that said, claiming that people who OWN firearms makes them x, y or z including being involved in crimes from a to z is just plain STUPID!

There are good and bad people in this nation and world who may or may NOT own a gun.

It is no different than any other THING or object that a person may own or have in his or her life.

Cate
PS: I used to subscribe to REASON magazine a long, long time ago. Paper version in the mail. I no longer subscribe to them. They may still have some interesting articles online but there were several people in the LP and several things that I read where I felt that they were going in the WRONG direction when it came to some very SPECIFIC issues. Those issues disturbed me and they have been more recent in SPECIFIC issues when it came to some of their party people. I did and still do respect RON PAUL as I did way back when in 1988. I still agree with him in MANY issues but not in ALL issues.

I no longer subscribe to any magazines since most of them are not like the OLD news magazines that I remember as a child or teen or even as a young lady. I do read a several online. I read a ton of things online.

My husband STILL buys Backwoodsman magazine at the store. https://backwoodsmanmag.com/

He totally QUIT one other famous magazine known for homesteading and hunting/fishing where Mas and Claire W. used to or still do write for.

What TICKED me off with many of my OLD and famous news magazines including YANKEE and even Good Housekeeping is this:

A. They got all WOKE and I do read/see both sides but when they are really BIASED non stop... I quit them. I could NOT believe some of the interviews even in YANKEE and even on their PBS Yankee show. I was like OMG and they let this man go on about how bad 'white people' are and give his speech about SJW stuff because they did not ask him a question as a chef one time in a restaurant?!

Maybe the people saw him cooking and that he was BUSY so they just said hello, the food is excellent and THANK YOU. They did not want to be rude to him since he was BUSY and the restaurant was BUSY too. But according to this so called 'chef' - no one questioned him because he was not white. Give me a break!

B. They SOLD my name/address to other places even though I was (Still am.) totally OPT OUT with the one former OPT OUT of junk mail company out of NY when it was FREE (It is NO longer free.) plus I specifically told them this in my letter, on my check, and on the paper CARD for renewal which I stuffed into my envelope. I confirmed this with them, the MAGAZINE, OVER the telephone before I renewed way back when too. This was MANY YEARS ago and I rarely get ANY junk mail to this day. I NIP it in the bud if I get any in the mail too. I NO longer use the NY opt out of junk mail company since it is no longer free. This change was made MANY years ago to. So if I do get crapola in the mail - I try to STOP ALL OF IT from the gitgo and ask them where they obtained my name/address, etc. ADDED MORE HERE.

My husband just renewed his fishing/hunting licenses and he TOLD the .gov people at the counter (Main office.) to NOT sell his information too. He has been an OPT OUT PERSON because they started selling that information too! We found this out. It is just like the Board of Elections crapola and the DL departments. They do NOT ASK YOU if you would like your crapola private info sold - they just DO IT and most people are not aware that they do this. So he tells them that he is OPT OUT every single time but some of that still gets SOLD unfortunately especially with the B of E just as they did back east and it was all over the news there. ADDED MORE HERE.

C. There are other reasons including one big messed up mail issue. USPS = SNAFU!

Etc.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews