Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Is Oregon about to have another shooting tragedy?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by nilknarf, Jan 25, 2013.

1. nilknarf

nilknarf Beaverton Active Member

I just got this email: click here to see the FEMA/CERT training email online from Chemeketa Community College in Salem... I thought it might be "fun" to document this to see if anything comes of it in a similar manner to what some are contending happened at Sandy Hook...

Eyes open, folks- I'm betting all will be okay, but just in case... consider this a "science experiment".

2. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I think you would enjoy participating in your local CERT program. I attended a session here in Hillsboro a couple of years ago.

3. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Oregon Active Member

Wait, I'm kinda slow most days, at least on this forum as of late, help me out here: Preparedness training equates to imminent planned attack, yes?

4. nilknarf

nilknarf Beaverton Active Member

Nah- there was a big thread about some big gov't drill going on right at the SandyHook school area just before the shootings there that suggested that there was a connection (between the drills and the tragedy) so I thought it would be "interesting" to document the announcement of supposedly similar preparation drills just in case something strange/bad happened here.

I'm happy to report that there's nothing here to see, please move along!

5. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

CERT is a good program that involves community in preparing for disaster and other issues.

And there are others. When I first came to Salem in 2011 I joined in on a drill sponsored by Hands-On Willamette that was meant to learn from mistakes make at the time of Katrina--no coordination of influx of volunteers.