JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congrats on an awesome looking gun!:cool:

Personally, I would write down your issues and send it too Taurus and let them figure out what is wrong with the gun and save the hassle. Why bother when they will go they it with a fine tooth comb for free.

That's just me though.

There are people that like to investigate problems and don't find it to be a bother, and actually enjoy knowing how.
That is just me though.

There are people that like to investigate problems and don't find it to be a bother, and actually enjoy knowing how.
That is just me though.

I fix problems every day, for work and in my personal life.

If you have the time and want to fix something with a lifetime Warrenty then good for you - pat yourself on the back;).

They have been having QC problems for years, I don't recommend them to anyone. It's Brazil remember!

Almost as bad as Phoenix Arms in CA. LOL
I know I'll get flack over this one. Hah ha
Gabby

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. It's hit and miss with Taurus (no pun intended). The only Taurus I own, a little .380, works pretty well, but a friend has one just like it that the frame cracked almost new. Taurus replaced it and paid shipping, but he doesn't shoot or trust the new one and wants to get rid of it.

On the positive side, they are capable of making guns that do work, so hopefully they either fix yours right or send you a good one as a replacement!

I have one of their earlier nickel-plated revolvers in .32 S&W Long. While it has a heavy trigger pull, the little handgun is something special. (It was made on the old S&W machinery that had been shipped to Brazil during the 1970's).

The accuracy is outstanding (this is typical of the .32 Long). Look up the old Taurus Model 74 and 72 revolvers. You'd be surprised by the service that these handguns provide.

The earlier Taurus handguns seemed to be much better, with fewer problems.

I wish you the best.

I have one of their earlier nickel-plated revolvers in .32 S&W Long. While it has a heavy trigger pull, the little handgun is something special. (It was made on the old S&W machinery that had been shipped to Brazil during the 1970's).

The accuracy is outstanding (this is typical of the .32 Long). Look up the old Taurus Model 74 and 72 revolvers. You'd be surprised by the service that these handguns provide.

I wish you the best.
So, why not buy an original and skip the risk? To me, saving a few dollars is not worth the risk of owning a sub standard tool.

The I-frame .32 S&W Long/.38 S&W revolvers are becoming more difficult to find with each passing year. I have a 1903 in .32 S&W Long as well. The Taurus is stronger (in better repair) and will withstand longer sustained shooting sessions.

I don't want to abuse the older S&W.

The I-frame .32 S&W Long/.38 S&W revolvers are becoming more difficult to find with each passing year. I have a 1903 in .32 S&W Long as well. The Taurus is stronger (in better repair) and will withstand longer sustained shooting sessions.

I don't want to abuse the older S&W.
I have an old 32 S&W top break S&W that is 120 years old. The top break action is inherently weaker than a solid frame design, we have shot it a fair amount. The caliber is so anemic that it hasn't created any noticeable wear on the old girl, I can't imagine a solid frame revolver having any trouble with wear issues. The most common thing to go bad with them are springs and sears that wear or brake. Not a difficult or value reducing repair.

No word from Taurus yet after their six week turn-around estimate. My work-order status has not processed since the gun arrived at the factory. I'm willing to cut them a little slack since they went through a serious hurricane right before I shipped it.

I wish you the best.
I have a Taurus stainless model 741 in .32 H&R magnum, 3" barrel. Will also shoot the .32 long. Shoots very well and is well made. I use it sometimes for concealed carry. About the same power as a .380, but better penetration. They do make some ammo that puts it well into the .38 special power range. This is the first time that I have heard anything bad about Taurus revolvers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top