JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I totally forgot about Joe. I bought my very first AR from him. Do you still have his email or number? If not I can probably find it. One FFL in your neck of the woods I absolutely love is Tropics Pawn.

Yep ... I was online today looking at the ordering instructions. The CMP now only ships to an FFL holder in Washington State (and a couple of others). I don't know when that change occurred. I've been out of the shooting scene for a long while and am just now getting back.

Did something change?
All my CMP rifles were shipped straight to my house.

Here is the verbiage from the CMP ordering instructions:

"State or locality requirements laws: Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID) required for NJ and IL. Residents of CA, CT, NJ, NY and WA must have the rifles shipped to a state licensed dealer. Copy of dealer's state license and shipping information must be provided with rifle orders."

And in another place:

"Rifle shipments to CT and WA must be made to a licensed dealer unless the customer has a Curios and Relics License (must submit a copy with your order form)."

So, does anybody know regarding CMP sales to Washington
1. Will a background check need to be run by the local dealer since the CMP has already run one?
2. Will a 4473 need to be completed?
3. Will there be sales tax collected on the price paid to CMP or will we just need to cover the transfer fee?

And, is this the correct place to post these questions?

I think its as good as any place to ask.
I don't have the answers but maybe somebody here dose?

My guess would be any FFL you use would cover there butt and do a background check. Since you will be on there books.

But I'm not sure.
Strange that you need to do this at all. I guess the times they are a changing. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top