JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did someone mention PIMP GUNS? Gimme a second while I whip this out.

Pimping.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
For me personally, anything that upgrades or makes a firearm function better for the owner is not pimping. To me pimping is cosmetic, more of a subjective, "eye of the beholder" thing, not necessarily having much to do with function.

But that's just my thoughts on the matter, as for myself? I'm more about function than engraving or gold highlights. Like we say in the motorcycle world ..... "chrome don't getcha' home".

I come from the Patton school of thought:
"Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol."
ry%3D480

Full disclosure: I have since replaced those grips with ivory grips. I think Patton would be pleased.

or are there times when pimping a gun can be the right thing to do??

View attachment 356664
Thanks for sharing that Lance- Something like that can grow on ya and :eek:yes I would carry it. It's a good 9mm and looks good too! I once carried a 1943 1911A1 that had gotten some pitting during it's years of service in tropics. Someone cleaned it up a bit and bright-chromed it heavily. Something different than the usual parked finishes on beater guns. I did change out the barrel as it was worn and rough. The "new" barrel was a Colt National Match or Gold Cup the smith had layin around, which he was able to custom fit to my gun. It shot well tho I took some good-natured gibes about it's "south of the border" look- "Made out of old Oldsmobile front bumpers". Wish now that I had kept it, but like a lot of other guns, it went down the river :rolleyes:when there was something else I wanted more...
I do love ivory grips and always wanted a set on a Luger Parabellum. Eventually I wheeler-dealered grips and a real nice 1940 Nazi-marked Para... It's nice but worth too much to do anything beyond coming out of the safe for ogling, feeling and keeping it wiped down with protective oil products. And that's my pimpin experiences... ::::sigh:::: What I really wanted was a beater that functioned reliably and could bounce around on the car seat or ride down the back of my pants... A Russki capture/rebuild... And that's some of my pimpin experiences...

Yes, yes it is. It's not only wrong but it is illegal in 17 states.
Anyone who pimps a handgun will spend eternity in squib Hell when they die.
A firearm is a tool. It says in all tool manuals, "Do not pimp this tool under penalty of law".
However........you should see my table saw.
That tiger print paint job sure sets it off..............o_O

I don't think so. Some guns are art. Here is my stable:

This is a CZ anniversary model, minor engraving, beatiful ebony grips with sterling eagle inlay. I had the CZ shop cut in the adjustable rear and FO front sight, put in a SAO trigger, hammer, and sear, and tune to 3lbs.
DSC_0291_zpsb1524119.jpg

This is a custom build by Stuart Nuss, Damascus slide with scheumann ported barrel cut in and sarge's grips
DSC_0296_zps1b888cb0.jpg

Last one is a SW PC 357 8 shot. Hand engraved (though the pc grips are laser cut)
DSC_0266_zpsb1fe3b3f.jpg

The thing that makes these not a waste to me is that they are all excelent shooters. They may be 'pretty' but there is no compromise in function. They are not just for show. Especially the 45, that baby has won me some lunches at the range.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top