JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buckshot and slug yes. Even better if you are casting your own.

Birdshot at 40-60 dollars for 25 pounds. Nope.

Even reclaimed shot has gone up in recent years.

Not if your time is valuable...

Reloaders RARELY factor in time-value of money in making the ECONOMIC arguments for reloading. Time is magical I guess.

You can buy quality slug and buck for as low as 25-35 cents per shell if you buy during sales and deals. Less in private purchases. Nobody with earning potential can make it that cheaply, also factoring in cost of all the gear.

IF it's just for the skill or hobby, then that's your call. I have lots of skills and hobbies that cost me money or don't earn money. I also don't pretend they are economic arguments... unless it's long-term stress relief and quality and quantity of life.

Even in retirement my time is more valuable for the few 12 ga I actually use, than to buy the stuff to reload them. When I was building black powder 16 ga brass shells, yes it was worth the time.

With what factory ammo goes for, I wouldn't (and don't) personally bother. I suppose if one had a shotgun chambered in some kind of oddball cartridge, that would have to be done, but standard 12-gauge can be had everywhere. To each their own.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top