JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah yes.. the "lets deny someone certain rights, due process or the freedom and ability to do what they want because of feelings".
This family has misplaced anger, truthfully THEY should have noticed something was wrong with their family member.. where TF were they? This whole time? There are clearly signs and a change in behavior leading up to this with suicidal people..
All I see is a cheap, low life family attempting to profit off the death of a family member they clearly didnt give two F's about until he killed himself.. now they are using emotional leverage to make money. Truly disgusting stuff IMO.

Ive said dark humor, morbid stuff before.. many people can be hypersensitive to hearing that kind of talk.. a person like myself may jokingly say something dark but not actually mean anything by it. My example: I was jokingly wishing to get in a car accident so I could be injured enough to get a week or so off from the two jobs I was working at the time.. I couldnt afford to take time off back then.. yeah, It was a dark expression, but to some they may have taken that as I wanted to harm myself.. in reality I was merely joking and meant that I can't afford to take time off, not that I wanted to suffer actual harm.. jokingly meaning if an accident occurred I could then actually relax and have said time off and feel no guilt of taking a vacation. To anyone listening that didnt know me or my humor or the context I meant it in.. they may have gone full HR Karen and reported my a$$.

People wanting to harm themselves will do so even if you prevent them from obtaining a weapon. People close to that person should have spent less time on their phones or online and interacted with that guy. His coworkers could have given a damn and been friendly. Sometimes that is all it takes.
Now we have a money hungry family trying to exploit the death of their family member to make some money like the sick people the probably are.

I'd only let that family buy lettuce and carrots so they don't commit suicide by the diabetes.
omnirez-fatmack-[IN]ACTIONFIGURES8-CLUTTERGALLERY--3.jpg

This is nothing more than a cynical money-grab. Walmart is the most sued company in the world... they'll probably pay up to stay out of court and avoid the David vs Goliath press play that will be pushed by the media, especially in light of the current "hot-button" issue surrounding (firearms) manufacturers' liability.

There's a lot to be said about the family... none of it is particularly complimentary.

Every time some big place like Wally stops selling guns or ammo a LOT of people claim they are anti gun. What they are is anti being a target for bottom feeders. This will be paid on a go away kind of settlement. Family who claim they miss their loved one will be glad to take the money. Lawyers will be glad to take their cut. Pay out enough of these the people who watch the bottom line decide it's just not worth the money they make to sell these items.

Every time some big place like Wally stops selling guns or ammo a LOT of people claim they are anti gun. What they are is anti being a target for bottom feeders.
That's exactly right.
I don't give W*M a pass for discontinuing handgun ammo or FM for ending firearms sales completely... but l kinda get it.

In Hollywood, all press is good press. In retail, not so much.

I think it hurts us (firearms community, such as it is) to have large retailers appear to preemptively or reactively take a knee to the rage-mob. But they have shareholders to answer to and a bad press hit can (will) cause a problem with stock prices. I feel the same way about smaller businesses who fear the lawsuit reaper and just decide to ask patrons to leave their firearms outside. If they're not openly hostile to 2A issues, l take those places on a case-by-case basis vs painting them all with the broad brush of "Anti".

More often than not, l choose to not patronize businesses who have taken the easy-out and I'll spend my money at places that respect individual rights and aren't skittish about letting people know it. That type of attitude (from business) is quite rare and should be rewarded with patronage, lMO.

That's exactly right.
I don't give W*M a pass for discontinuing handgun ammo or FM for ending firearms sales completely... but l kinda get it.

In Hollywood, all press is good press. In retail, not so much.

I think it hurts us (firearms community, such as it is) to have large retailers appear to preemptively or reactively take a knee to the rage-mob. But they have shareholders to answer to and a bad press hit can (will) cause a problem with stock prices. I feel the same way about smaller businesses who fear the lawsuit reaper and just decide to ask patrons to leave their firearms outside. If they're not openly hostile to 2A issues, l take those places on a case-by-case basis vs painting them all with the broad brush of "Anti".

More often than not, l choose to not patronize businesses who have taken the easy-out and I'll spend my money at places that respect individual rights and aren't skittish about letting people know it. That type of attitude (from business) is quite rare and should be rewarded with patronage, lMO.
I was a shooter when Wally started to spread to this coast. As soon as the net came along a LOT of gun owners would tell all who would listen to NOT buy guns and ammo from Wally. They yelled Wally was hard on the small "Mom & Pop" stores. I never seem to see any of those guys applauding when big chain stores stop selling. :confused:
I would think they would be cheering now that the competition was going to stop. Instead they are now to be avoided because they chose to no longer be in the competition. I must be missing something here.
Now I did NOT like it when places that wanted to sell tried to virtue signal by making up arbitrary rules that have nothing to do with the law. Those places that did that I would have rather seen them just stop selling at all. Again this should be great for the places that still sell, they will not have Wally to compete with. Now I seldom walk into a Wally any more since I buy from them online but, if Wally here slaps up a sign saying my gun is not welcome? That would be a whole different game. I have always said my gun and my wallet are best friends. Where one is not welcome the other does not go if I have any choice.

Last Edited:
"...he'd [supervisor] look into adding Mace to a list of people barred from buying guns at Walmart. Mace was never added to the list..."

He could work for the FBI.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads