JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

Bought a sig 556 swat and finally found some rounds to go try it out. I was using some tapco 30 round mags loaded with a mix of 5.56 and .223. The rounds would hang up and in two cases the bullet was pushed back into the brass. Later I took some fresh 223 and was cycling through the rife and had the same problem. It seems like the mag is riding low and when I push it up a hair the round cycle through properly. Tried it with an aluminum gi mag and no problem. So is it the the tapco mag or is there some adjustment to the rifle or breaking in issue?

Thanks

Hello,

Bought a sig 556 swat and finally found some rounds to go try it out. I was using some tapco 30 round mags loaded with a mix of 5.56 and .223. The rounds would hang up and in two cases the bullet was pushed back into the brass. Later I took some fresh 223 and was cycling through the rife and had the same problem. It seems like the mag is riding low and when I push it up a hair the round cycle through properly. Tried it with an aluminum gi mag and no problem. So is it the the tapco mag or is there some adjustment to the rifle or breaking in issue?

Thanks

Well from the evidence provided the only plausible conclusion is that it would be your tapco magazine since the GI had no issues. If you have a buddy with an AR try the Tapco mags in that rifle, and vise versa with the mags that the other rifle uses.

this,

at this point it's better than nothing, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Apparently,it's not better than nothing since if he feeds it one at a time the bullet won't be pushed back in the brass;)

I would give the tapco mag the truck test. See if it survives you driving over it.
My other choice is to leave them at the pit so someone else thinks they scored,finding a new mag.

Crap in. Crap out. Those tapco mags are junk.
At least you didn'y buy a $1500 + gun then shoot the cheepest gun show reloaded soft nose junk ammo you could find, and ask if it's the gun?
Then get po'd and sell it because it ''Should be able to shoot anything"!
Mags are just behind ammo as far as causing malfunctions. Dont Use thermalmelts either. Only P-mag looks to have got the plastic mags to work and stay workin. Dang ol plastic.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top