JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cautiously optimistic. A LGS in Montgomery Alabama that actually has .22LR and the price isn't to far out of line:

Although I did not see any primers they do have some powder:

I did not buy any because I'd have to ship it home since I think the TSA would get a little upset if I were to pack in my bags. But did manage to pick up a couple of Ed Brown 8 rnd 1911 mags. :s0155:

Just wait and see what Obamer does with the UN treaty. That could set it off even more if the US Senate then ratifies the treaty. If they do, say bye-bye to the 2nd amendment as we know it.

$3.99 for 40 rounds of American Eagle? Scalping at its finest.

Three visits in a row to Bi-Mart recently, they had American Eagle for less than two bucks for the same 40-round box.

Yep, I see the shortage easing just a little, but that's no excuse for a store to make one last effort to get rich quick.

WAYNO.

Cautiously optimistic. A LGS in Montgomery Alabama that actually has .22LR and the price isn't to far out of line:

Although I did not see any primers they do have some powder:

I did not buy any because I'd have to ship it home since I think the TSA would get a little upset if I were to pack in my bags. But did manage to pick up a couple of Ed Brown 8 rnd 1911 mags. :s0155:

Those photos trump the latest edition of Playboy. LOL

Brutus Out

$3.99 for 40 rounds of American Eagle? Scalping at its finest.

Three visits in a row to Bi-Mart recently, they had American Eagle for less than two bucks for the same 40-round box.

Yep, I see the shortage easing just a little, but that's no excuse for a store to make one last effort to get rich quick.

WAYNO.

Whether or not they get rich depends on what they had to pay for it themselves. Chances are they had to get it at a higher price themselves due to the shortage.

Take the .22 ammo alone. Chances are this is the entire stock for the store. 76 boxes. At a "ripoff price" that's $2 more than what someone claims they can buy it for the owner's making a whopping $152 more, assuming he paid the same price.

Wow! If that's "getting rich" then I'd like some of it. Would help make up for the $850 custom barrel job I ordered yesterday (and won't see until Labor Day).

Get real!

From my recent perspective and observation, I think the "crazed" is slowly ebbing, I am seeing more and more so-called "overpriced" ammunition in the classified section that are not receiving any attention, either people ran out of money or people are becoming well stocked or both.

I have purchased items on-line and my back-orders are slowly being filled, case in point, I just received primers that I ordered a month ago and it was just delivered to me this morning. I know it bites purchasing primers and powder on-line due to the hazmat fee, shipping charges and sometimes taxes. But it beats running to the store hoping that these items are still in stock when I get there, even though I know I could saving $3-$5/k for primers and $3-$5/lb for powder if I buy them at a local store. It's a personal choice, I choose convenience over saving a small amount of cash. Don't you love freedom of choice and capitalism.

I know it bites purchasing primers and powder on-line due to the hazmat fee, shipping charges and sometimes taxes. But it beats running to the store hoping that these items are still in stock when I get there, even though I know I could saving $3-$5/k for primers and $3-$5/lb for powder if I buy them at a local store.

Wow! Where are you shopping online? Save buying primers and powder from a local dealer?

My experience is just the opposite and at least twice the amounts you indicated. I buy a couple of thousand primers and the savings on them alone, price wise, pays for the hazmat fee. Then I fill the "Overpack Box" with powder and more primers until it reaches max weight. The powder prices where I buy online are at least $5/lb less than local prices and since I buy in 8# containers, even more savings per pound.

If you have a local dealer that will sell you at prices below "online pricing" at places like Powder Valley, he's probably using a 10 year old price sheet and hasn't figured out how much money he's losing. Dealers near me are definitely using current price sheets:s0077:

Wow! Where are you shopping online? Save buying primers and powder from a local dealer?

My experience is just the opposite and at least twice the amounts you indicated. I buy a couple of thousand primers and the savings on them alone, price wise, pays for the hazmat fee. Then I fill the "Overpack Box" with powder and more primers until it reaches max weight. The powder prices where I buy online are at least $5/lb less than local prices and since I buy in 8# containers, even more savings per pound.

If you have a local dealer that will sell you at prices below "online pricing" at places like Powder Valley, he's probably using a 10 year old price sheet and hasn't figured out how much money he's losing. Dealers near me are definitely using current price sheets:s0077:

I purchase my powders from PV (no backorders on primes, so I have to go elsewhere) and primers from whoever have it in stock or allows me to have a back-order, either Cabelas or Midsouth Shooters Supply.
I do not buy 8lb kegs due to the fact that my preference is to keep the powders sealed, I am using a single stage press so I only load a small number at a time and I do not want the powder unsealed (even though it would be capped) for a period of time.

I do not buy 8lb kegs due to the fact that my preference is to keep the powders sealed, I am using a single stage press so I only load a small number at a time and I do not want the powder unsealed (even though it would be capped) for a period of time.

If total accuracy is your goal I would worry more about lot-lot variations than whether or not a container had a factory seal on it.

I have some powders I use in specific rifles that have been "unsealed" for at least 5 years. They perform every bit as good as when I pulled that little paper seal off the top of the bottle.

FWIW, are all of those "seals" totally tight when you remove the cap. I find that many are just loosely in place, often coming off when I remove the cap.

Depending on the type of powder, as long as it is stored correctly and is not exposed to undue moisture, powder can stay useable up to 15+years. Black powder is much less durable, however and doesn't have that long of a shelf-life.

I'm in Seattle for the weekend. Stopped by a few shops in federal way, they have a ton of primers in stock. Weird considering pdx/van has had none. Forgot what it was like to see 100,000 primers on the shelves.

Picked up a box of win lpp that I've been trying to find.

A few more weeks of Sportsman's Warehouse in Bend receiving the same amounts of everything they have been and there will be more stock on the shelves than is being bought. I think people are FINALLY getting the message stuff is coming back and there is no need to stand in line, buy excessive amounts or even think about reselling anymore. The .22 ammo went fast but there were still bricks of American Eagle left at 5:00 PM. Also there was not a bare slot in the AR-15 rack. They had probably 20+ in stock.

We are starting to see more and more coming in on the oddball powders. Primers have yet to be an issue getting in. CCI has done an amazing job keeping up for us. Now Varget, and Bullseye are still quiet short. Two of my three main vendors are saying they haven't seen any flow through in months.

Jesse
Home Page
[email protected]

Somebody is definitely not shooting enough if they have powder lying around that long. One, maybe two years, is max for my powders.
Not necessarily, if you bought 3 8 lb kegs at one time! Even shooting a lot takes a long time to burn 24 lbs! But at the time ($9 per lb delivered) it was too good a deal to pass up. Still have a full 8 lb keg + change on hand.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top