JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last time I checked, someone with an Oregon concealed handgun license could legally carry concealed in a bar. Has anyone heard about a change to this situation? My pregnant wife and I are planning to hear a friend perform at a bar in downtown Portland later this week, and we like to be safe while out at night.

And therein is a difference, legal in OR with an OR CHL, NOT legal to carry in a bar in WA with a WA CPL.

May I modify what you stated about a "bar"/carry/and WA law. It is not legal to carry on any premisis that are posted "21 and over" by the Washingtn state liquor control board.

It is legal to carry into/on premisis that serve alcoholic beverages, and drink, as long as they are not posted "21 and over" by the Washington state liquor control board RCW 9.41.300(1)(d)

A bar is always a non carry area, restaurants that serve alcoholic beverages you can carry in. The OP was specifically asking about a "bar" so that's what I was answering.

We have several bars up here you can carry in until 9pm.

I had always assumed that it was illegal to carry in a liquor store too, but it is not. I found out today doing some searching unrelated to this post. As it was stated it is ONLY restricted to "21 and over" areas.

Oh, then screw getting a WA CHL then; what good is it? Most of the time you'll need to be protected/packing is in bars, especially strip clubs; or so I've heard, never been to one before; heard they are nice. Thanks for saving me a trip to the Clark Co. Sheriffs office.

A bar is always a non carry area, restaurants that serve alcoholic beverages you can carry in. The OP was specifically asking about a "bar" so that's what I was answering.

And I was being more specific, because sometimes it is needed...as with the "Chesaw Bar and Grill"...is a restaraunt (using WALCB definition) with a bar, in spite of the name. Children can eat there, and you can carry there. You need to look for the "21 and over" sign.

And I was being more specific, because sometimes it is needed...as with the "Chesaw Bar and Grill"...is a restaraunt (using WALCB definition) with a bar, in spite of the name. Children can eat there, and you can carry there. You need to look for the "21 and over" sign.

To be even more specific. A "bar and grill" is neither a bar nor a grill. It is an amalgamation of both which becomes it's own entity.

So when you bring up a "bar and grill", you are not actually clarifying any position on bars themselves.

Furthermore, you need to be looking for a state approved and issued "21 and over" placard as designated by the state liquor control board. The placard itself is posted by the individual business owner, one of their employees, associates, or acquaintances.
Simply painting those words and hanging up a "sign" does nothing.

CLARIFICATION!!!

To be even more specific. A "bar and grill" is neither a bar nor a grill. It is an amalgamation of both which becomes it's own entity.

So when you bring up a "bar and grill", you are not actually clarifying any position on bars themselves.

Furthermore, you need to be looking for a state approved and issued "21 and over" placard as designated by the state liquor control board. The placard itself is posted by the individual business owner, one of their employees, associates, or acquaintances.
Simply painting those words and hanging up a "sign" does nothing.

CLARIFICATION!!!

As stated, with RCW reference, in my original post.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top