JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can rememeber when I was younger and we were allowed to make 1 reciever per year and be legal. Had someone telling me that you can now make 3 a year. Well I would like to just build 1 as a matter of pride but I want to find what the real laws are and not what somebody told me. Does anyone know what laws govern this or anything to help me find it. Thanks

Interesting topic!

I am seriously considering building an AK from "scratch" just for the experience of it. I have "built" three AR's now and its kind of "ho-hum" for me now as the AR platform is very efficiently "modular"... outside of machining the upper and lower from raw forgings that is. Not going to invest the money in the C&C machine and programming for that!

Buying the jigs and bending the flats for AK receivers... that is realistically doable for a "hobby builder".

on the ATF website: 'per provisions of the Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, an unlicensed individual may make a "firearm" as defined in the GCA for his own personal use, but not for sale or distribution.'

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Firearms Technology

Doesn't appear to be any mention on a limit of how many builds a guy can do. Good news. Now if I only had the money to do a bunch of builds I'd be a happy camper.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top