JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I do not live anywhere near downtown Portland , or have reason to go there...
Take the following with a large salt shaker.

With that said....
What are you actually asking , by walk around...?
Do you have a reason to go to downtown Portland or is this trip not really necessary..?
If you have an actual reason , for going , then go...
Pay a bit more attention to what is going on around you...do your business and then leave.
If the trip is not really needed ...then I don't see a reason to go.

Now with that said...
I do not like having my life or movements curtailed....
This is America , I do not need to provide a reason to go to a public area.
But this needs to be coupled with the notion , that just 'cause one can do something.....does not mean that one should do something.
Commonsense needs to be used....If I go to downtown Portland...It would probably be best to avoid certain areas and times...do what I need to do and head on out.

Again I do not like to have to adjust my time 'cause some knuckle heads feel the need to riot...
But then I have seen enough excitement in my life that I also don't need to seek it out.
Andy

Safety is relative and every action assumes a risk. During the worst riot it's possible to trip and hit your head on a hard object a hundred miles away, while the rioters can safety vandalize and loot.

I wouldn't go to downtown Portland after early afternoon these days. I avoid it at all costs in any event.

These area's are almost always fine during the day. It's at night they become a place to not be near. Wife and I used to like to go to Seattle to kick around now and then. Take the express bus down there. Have not in a long time now. Now the "night life" there? NO WAY. Even when I was younger and liked the night life I had no desire to go to that place. With this now? No way in hell would I go there or any of these cities where the leaders are allowing this.

These area's are almost always fine during the day. It's at night they become a place to not be near. Wife and I used to like to go to Seattle to kick around now and then. Take the express bus down there. Have not in a long time now. Now the "night life" there? NO WAY. Even when I was younger and liked the night life I had no desire to go to that place. With this now? No way in hell would I go there or any of these cities where the leaders are allowing this.
If I had my way, we'd be decamping AT LEAST to Steve's neighborhood in Goldendale... more preferably see if a buddy with a ranch in New Mexico would sell me just enough at the edge of his spread to build a house on.

Unless a person had a need, why would anyone want to go?

I'm not being flip...

I grew up there. I traveled around when I was in the Army, and I couldn't wait to get home in '75 to still a wonderful city, but by the time my kids were in grade school, I saw the writing on the wall and escaped.

Unfortunately, I have occasional business that requires me to enter Portland. And it's awful. Now, as an outsider, I hate the place. A person doesn't realize how rotten it is until you've left it.

I know the good places and the bad places, and the difference between the two is shrinking. And there's no guaranty of decency in the good places.

We were driving through Peacock Lane to see the Christmas lights just a couple years ago. Considered an okay neighborhood, what could go wrong? Out of the clear blue, Antifa-types came thru the neighborhood, stomping on car roofs and harassing drivers.

I will no longer trust any part of this disgusting worthless city.

I do not consider downtown Portland a safe place to walk around, ever.

Last Edited:
Totally fine. I've been downtown to run errands and it's no big deal. Brought my kid one morning to check out the scene and get a little civics lesson. I wouldn't think twice about going, but it goes without saying you need to cross your T's and dot your lower-case J's.

Maybe I'm odd but I wouldn't consider walking in any large city an enjoyable event. Way to many other choices that'd I'd enjoy more.

I stay miles away from anything that will piss me off. Hurt me? No. They won't hurt me. I just don't like conflict. Because I'm managing my mind. I love been raised as a fighter. 12 years of wrestling etc.
I just hate all the inflighting in this world.
Nobody needs to walk around cesspool Portland.
But if the goal is to pick a fight I'm sure you'll find one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top