JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know bulk centerfire ammo comes in ammo cans, but I wasn't sure if rimfire ammo was safe to store and transport in the same manner :s0131:

Short answer, probably. A lot if it is sold in "bricks" of 500+ loose rounds but those are generally in cardboard or wood boxes.

I don't know that I'd carry a metal "ammo can" around with thousands of loose .22 cal rimfire in it... I'd be worried too much about contamination with that many rounds mashed together long-term.

Now, having an ammo-can full of cardboard or wood "bricks" of .22?? THAT I do. :s0155:

Aren't most ammo cans sealed with a rubber o-ring in the lid? Or you can put some dessicant in the can.

I've seen several different guys store their loose .22 in ammo cans. Even saw one guy store his outside the tent during hunting season and then trip on it and kick it 5ft in the dark cause he was drunk. No issues noted...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top