JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope not at all. Some say don't but I always hand them my license, proof of insurance, registration and my permit. Let them know I am carrying and where it is at.

I feel that there job is difficult enough and they deserve the respect to know that I am and where it is.

just my .02 for what it is worth.

I have not been "stopped" in decades, but have had "interactions" with LEO's. Always have CPL along with license ready to hand. Last one was car had a breakdown on SR16. I had rush hour traffic on drivers side so I was sitting on passenger side, had AAA on the way. See Trooper pull in, as I stepped out with stuff in hand she asked if I was OK. When I told her breakdown, AAA on the way, she said she just wanted to check. Waved off the stuff I had in hand. No doubt she had run my tags and knew who I was. Only thing that "bothered me" was I would swear this little rosy cheeked girl was no way old enough to drink. I thought, damn I must be getting old. Swear the woman looked like she was maybe just old enough to drive. :eek::eek:

No.
I just asked yesterday at DMV if a trooper could tell from from DL that I had a CPL.
They said no, WA is a "right to privacy" state.
I am not sure if the worker who told you that did not understand what you asked, or if they just did not understand how this works. They are told when running your name if you have a CPL in WA. Now "maybe" it does not pop up on the MDS (computer in the car) but I have doubts about that. No Regrets, would know, does your screen show the info on the RO of the vehicle when you run the vehicle or do you still have to ask for it?

Nope not at all. Some say don't but I always hand them my license, proof of insurance, registration and my permit. Let them know I am carrying and where it is at.

I feel that there job is difficult enough and they deserve the respect to know that I am and where it is.

just my .02 for what it is worth.

I've taken this approach 2x in the past year for the same reasons. Only times in my life I've been cut a break and not cited for legitimate violations.
:s0139:

I've taken this approach 2x in the past year for the same reasons. Only times in my life I've been cut a break and not cited for legitimate violations.
:s0139:

When I was a kid respect worked, nothing has changed. Does not mean there is not a VERY few "not so good" LEO's out there but, showing some common respect will go a LONG way. Especially if you get stopped for a blatant violation. When they walk up to the window you can show some respect, or a chip on your shoulder. One will give a far better chance of driving away with a verbal as opposed to a fine. Drivers choice. One constant I see is the ones who decide to go the chip on the shoulder route always say it was the Cops fault. Had nothing to do with the way they were driving, NOOOOOO. :confused::confused::confused:

When I took the class for my Utha permit.
The instructor talked about this.
He said just keep your hands on the wheel till the officer ask for your information.
Then .
The best way is to say .
I have a carry permit and a FIREARM on me .
Then they will probably ask where is the FIREARM. And then you tell them and if the gun is close to your wallet or where you keep your information . tell him and move slowly.
Always say FIREARM. FIREARM.FIREARM.
because if he has a partner.
They are TRAINED when they HEAR THE WORD GUN
to react to the word GUN as a threat.

So basically if one cop is talking to you and you say gun
And his partner hears the word gun he is going to draw his gun on YOU.

"When they walk up to the window you can show some respect, or a chip on your shoulder."

Being respectful and courteous...absolutely! Not announcing that you are carrying however is far different than having a chip on your shoulder. The couple times that I've been asked I've responded truthfully. 'Twas no big deal.
My business is my business.

"When they walk up to the window you can show some respect, or a chip on your shoulder."

Being respectful and courteous...absolutely! Not announcing that you are carrying however is far different than having a chip on your shoulder. The couple times that I've been asked I've responded truthfully. 'Twas no big deal.
My business is my business.
If you have a chip on your shoulder.
You probably should not be carrying a gun in the first place.
JUST SAYING.

To me respect goes a long way. The last Local leo that I showed that to was a couple of years ago. I happened to be in a bar one night about four months later and the waitress brought me a beer. I told her that I didn't order that. She smiled and said its from the gentleman in the corner. It was that cop who bought me a beer.

To me respect goes a long way. The last Local leo that I showed that to was a couple of years ago. I happened to be in a bar one night about four months later and the waitress brought me a beer. I told her that I didn't order that. She smiled and said its from the gentleman in the corner. It was that cop who bought me a beer.
Lol where do you live .
Cops buying beer .
I'M THERE HEHEHE

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR