JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lasers are awesome. They're not useful in every situation or even a lot of situations but they are useful in CERTAIN situations. They are not a replacement for iron sights. They are simply another tool in the toolbox and they require training like all the other tools. If you don't want one on your pistol, don't put one on. :)

Lasers work well for me as a training tool. I have one on a Smith 642, and being DAO the laser will show me exactly how my trigger press effects the end result, placement of a bullet. Very beneficial for practice, with and without activation. On a side note, I do not train or practice with lasers with intention to use in a practical defensive application. Don't want to depend on one in a time of need while CC.
On the flip side my home defensive gun (bedside manners) is a gussied up G22 that I used to shoot pcc with. It has a CT guide rod laser that blinks really fast (extends battery life by twice). Along with tac light, night sites and a loud growl it should scare the crap out of anyone prowling around.
Lasers have their place.....

live-those-dreams.jpg

Lasers are awesome. They're not useful in every situation or even a lot of situations but they are useful in CERTAIN situations. They are not a replacement for iron sights. They are simply another tool in the toolbox and they require training like all the other tools. If you don't want one on your pistol, don't put one on. :)

This right here. Lasers definitely have a place. That said I hate Crimson Trace Laser Grips on Glocks, they work better on some guns but they absolutely suck on a Glock. If you want a laser on a Glock I'd suggest a Lasermax guide rod laser or a Surefire X400U.

It has a CT guide rod laser that blinks really fast (extends battery life by twice).

That's a Lasermax.

Lasers are and excellent training tool and IMO are a must on a 442/642, I have them on mine. One of the great advantages of lasers is the ability to engage threats from awkward positions when sight alignment may be impracticable or impossible. As @L84Cabo states above, it is another tool, not the only tool.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top