JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are many people aka VICTIMS who LOST everything or most of their basic things to enjoy a normal life due to the fires.

So if some of you are donating items, there are collection places in many states that are taking in ALL KINDS OF THINGS for survivors of these horrific fires.

We have them here in our state too.

So extra or brand new toiletries and paper goods are needed. Laundry soap/detergent too.

Clothing, blankets, sheets, socks, slippers, etc.

School supplies if you know of any children in need and whatever some kids like to do for a hobby. Paper and crayons. Classic children books. Teddy bears or dolls?

Quick and easy meals, soups, etc. AND even water in bottles from Costco may help these poor people and the fire fighters too.

Cookies, instant coffee and tea bags will be a treat for many of them too.

Cate

Last Edited:
I will become a more minimalist prepper when my kids establish their own households...
I think this is a very good point. If I didn't have children to take care of I don't think I'd feel quite the need to prep, and would prep more minimally.
Also, if I were moving around often, that would definitely come into play.

But, I don't think you can be a true minimalist and a true prepper at the same time, though you can certainly be a minimalist prepper. Up till this point in (I'm sure most of) our lifetimes that's all that's ever been needed.
Personally, I do have some internal conflict about prepping, based on Jesus' (paraphrased) teaching of do not worry about tomorrow, what you will eat or drink, each day has enough trouble of its own. I think I don't have enough faith :)
The way I figure it, it makes sense to be supplied for a reasonable amount of time, maybe a year? Even that could very well be excessive. If more than that is needed, I'm thinking we're in an event that is gonna throw my plans out the window regardless, and how would we know what to even prep for? I'm more than likely not living where I am now, and how much can you take with you?
On the other hand, think of a young family who hasn't had the resources or time or understanding to do much prepping. You could end up being a MASSIVE blessing to others if you're prepared with more than you need, and I feel like this scenario has a pretty decent chance of playing out in the not so distant future. I think preppers could be really big difference makers in certain scenarios that could come up. The thought of helping others hopefully encourages us to keep prepping what we can :)

Personally, I do have some internal conflict about prepping, based on Jesus' (paraphrased) teaching of do not worry about tomorrow, what you will eat or drink, each day has enough trouble of its own. I think I don't have enough faith....

...On the other hand, think of a young family who hasn't had the resources or time or understanding to do much prepping. You could end up being a MASSIVE blessing to others if you're prepared with more than you need, and I feel like this scenario has a pretty decent chance of playing out in the not so distant future

Remember the biblical story in Genesis when Joseph was living in Egypt and dreamt of a 7-year famine coming, so he stored up grain for seven years? If you have information enough to recognize the need to be prepared, and you don't act on it, you may be ignoring a voice that should be heeded. Joseph's obedience is what reunited him with his estranged family and saved their lives!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top