JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made a purchase of 10 magazines from AIM surplus on the 16th of December. In light of recent demands I am still in the processing faze. If some type of ban was issued from washington the first of January and I still had not received my delivery, would AIM have to cancel my order for legal reasons and issue a refund to all customers whose packages had not yet left the business. This is what I get for waiting last minute. Any thoughts?
thank you

Better question would be how would they know? Back in the last ban, Mags were stamped with Mfg dates. That all stopped in 2004. Thats the problem their having in NY State. Until the Feds start requiring Manufacturers to date stamp there's no way to tell if their Pre Ban or post ban.

I'm worried myself as well... I placed an order on the 18th and everything was "in stock" but who knows now. I mean there's always that chance that you won't get what you ordered but I think you should be okay. Most of the stores online are just asking customers to wait an additional week or so to process their orders.

OMG people really?? use some logic here.

What if the ban says that only semi-autos shot on a Wednesday with a mag loaded with 18rds is illegal? What if the ban says says that any mag purchased prior to December 19th and not on a thursday is illegal??

I would be more concerned about an outright confiscation rather than simply a ban on the 'Assault' type weapons and high capacity magazines. There are so many in circulation, a simple ban is rather pointless.

OMG people really?? use some logic here.

What if the ban says that only semi-autos shot on a Wednesday with a mag loaded with 18rds is illegal? What if the ban says says that any mag purchased prior to December 19th and not on a thursday is illegal??

I understand my fears are not likely to happen and I will receive everything I ordered. I was just curious if online companies would be issued a cease and desist order immediately or if there would be a grace period to fulfill their orders. For all we know, none of this will go through. I was just curious is all.

Last Edited:
I made a purchase of 10 magazines from AIM surplus on the 16th of December. In light of recent demands I am still in the processing faze. If some type of ban was issued from washington the first of January and I still had not received my delivery, would AIM have to cancel my order for legal reasons and issue a refund to all customers whose packages had not yet left the business. This is what I get for waiting last minute. Any thoughts?
thank you

You will get your magazines, It might just take a week longer than usual.
I doubt there will be a ban on semi-auto rifles or hi-cap magazines, The government needs to look at mental health care as a solution to the problems of certain individuals, And as gun owners we need to take better care at securing our firearms when not in use to prevent unauthorized access.

Grommit327 wrote:

Originally Posted by Hook686
I would be more concerned about an outright confiscation rather than simply a ban on the 'Assault' type weapons and high capacity magazines. There are so many in circulation, a simple ban is rather pointless.
I predict a lot of dead confiscators

You are one of the 'Law abiding Good Guys' that can be trusted with guns eh ?

So in 1994 the Dems had control of both house and senate and they only squeaked out the last ban 216 to 214. There also wasn't much in the way of things on their plate at the time. Guns were an easy target.

That was before 9/11 and Katrina. ARs were a small sector of the market. They have gone main stream since then.

There is some serious S**t on their plate for the next 6 months. Dealing with guns is not one of them.

There will be no confiscation. Bad idea from about any perspective. They will do something however, and it won't be through Congress, since some members might still want to follow parts of that pesky Constitution. Presidents and Attorneys General don't have to follow it if they play their cards right.

you bought them prior to a (ban) so it shouldn't matter other wise you would have to worry about any of the other mags you already have

So please show me the section in this new proposed ban that says if you attempted to buy but do not have ownership of something that it's legal? Also while you're in your future seeing crystal ball wanna get me the numbers to the next Powerball that tops $200M??

Hell, they can't even get their heads out of their ***'s on the fiscal cliff, which is a week away. Let alone for them to sit down and decide what to ban. Hell, how many years did it take for them to get the Brady bill passed. I remember them talking about it all through Reagan's administration, after he and Brady was shot by John Hinkley in '81.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top