JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks Taku for the link.....
so I take it that you are referring to the M855a1 discussion in the link. I don't really see any specific mention of "ZQI" brand, which is what I was asking about. Maybe it's in that article somewhere that I have not seen, but I fear I will be decomposing before I find it...is it or not ?

Thanks Taku for the link.....
so I take it that you are referring to the M855a1 discussion in the link. I don't really see any specific mention of "ZQI" brand, which is what I was asking about. Maybe it's in that article somewhere that I have not seen, but I fear I will be decomposing before I find it...is it or not ?

I believe from what I saw the specs are the same as the M855 not the "A"
That is a different bird.

5.56x45mm - 62 gr FMJ SS109 - ZQI Ammunition
Details
This 5.56 ammo from ZQI Ammunition is loaded with a 62 Grain Full Metal Jacket bullet, providing excellent accuracy. These rounds are perfect for range training with your AR-15, M16 or other 5.56 NATO caliber rifles.

ZQI Ammunition makes high quality, brass cased ammunition at their facilities in Turkey, much of which is brought into the American consumer market.

Each round is brass cased, boxer primed and reloadable.

Note: While these rounds do not feature a green painted tip, they are loaded to the same NATO spec as standard M855 / SS109 rounds. They are loaded into fully annealed brass cases with sealed primers.
Additional Information
Manufacturer ZQI Ammunition
Condition New
Bullet Weight 62 Grain
Bullet Type Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)
Use Type Self Defense, Range Training
Ammo Casing Brass
Quantity 30
Ammo Caliber 5.56x45mm
Manufacturer SKU ZQISS109
Primer Type Boxer
Muzzle Velocity (fps) 3000
UPC Barcode 850528005069

Apears to be the same non armor piercing ammo as all other M855

OK...Thanks again.
I have some of this stuff, but it came in the sealed PVC packs that I didn't want to ruin just to dissect a round. (couldn't find any 30 rd boxes) ...So ZQI is just FMJ lead without the steel penetrator core.

Well thank you lightning for the magnet on a loose bullet test. As I said, I don't have any of the stuff loose and couldn't find any. A magnet clinging to a pvc battle pack wouldn't prove much.

It is M855, there is a NATO spec number right on the box that if you look it up shows it as a M855 equal

It does stick to a magnet

Edit: sorry, I did not read the whole thread. Looks like I was late to the party

Stripper clips.

Thank you...the possibility of steel cases came to mind also. The operative was..."sealed PVC battle packs"

When I posted the question, I thought someone may have shot some and could speak from inspecting a spent round, I didn't realize it would turn into such an issue.....Ob1 out...........

Enuff Said!

20150525_175634.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews