JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

I was surprised at how this article was written with the gun safety tidbit at the end. Not what I have seen in the past from local news around here.

I still stand by that gun safety should be required as part of education for every child

I just do not like how they portrayed this as an "accident." It is not an accident. It was clear cut negligence. He picked up the gun, racked the slide, pointed the gun at an occupied home, and then willfully pulled the trigger.

stupidity or ignorance is not the same as an accident.

I've had one "accident" with a firearm. But it wasn't an accident it was me being too comfortabl with a gun. And the complacency (sp) will kill you.

Anytime you assume a firearm is empty your inviting a tragedy.

Unfortunately, it's all too common that people ignore basic safety rules because they think the gun is "unloaded". I see people not pay attention to the muzzle of their weapon all the time at ranges because they think it's unloaded and it's really been pissing me off. I was taught there's no such thing as an unloaded gun, and you always keep it pointed in a safe direction.

it is always interesting to hear about "Accidents".
My father was always about safety
He was cycling ( Load, cycle through chamber and eject) some ammo through his rifle after having reloaded it and was checking them out.
It was winter and cold in his little shop area so he decided to do the cycling in the house.
Unfortunately - On one shell it discharged and ended up in my bed in the next room. Not sure if the primer was not set properly.

That shook all of use up. But definitely a learning process.

How many times have we heard of people unloading guns in trailers on hunts - where one discharges?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top