1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it loaded?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Grommit327, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

I heartily agree,everyone should be taught gun safety,some adults have no more common sense arund a gun than a lot of kids do.
    Old Hick and (deleted member) like this.
  3. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I just do not like how they portrayed this as an "accident." It is not an accident. It was clear cut negligence. He picked up the gun, racked the slide, pointed the gun at an occupied home, and then willfully pulled the trigger.
  4. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

stupidity or ignorance is not the same as an accident.

I've had one "accident" with a firearm. But it wasn't an accident it was me being too comfortabl with a gun. And the complacency (sp) will kill you.

Anytime you assume a firearm is empty your inviting a tragedy.
  5. davef

davef S.E. pdx Active Member

Why do you rack the slide and fire in your house anyways? Dude needs to spend more time fondling his wife than his gun!
  6. DavinFelth

DavinFelth Olympia Member

Unfortunately, it's all too common that people ignore basic safety rules because they think the gun is "unloaded". I see people not pay attention to the muzzle of their weapon all the time at ranges because they think it's unloaded and it's really been pissing me off. I was taught there's no such thing as an unloaded gun, and you always keep it pointed in a safe direction.
  7. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

it is always interesting to hear about "Accidents".
    My father was always about safety
    He was cycling ( Load, cycle through chamber and eject) some ammo through his rifle after having reloaded it and was checking them out.
    It was winter and cold in his little shop area so he decided to do the cycling in the house.
    Unfortunately - On one shell it discharged and ended up in my bed in the next room. Not sure if the primer was not set properly.

That shook all of use up. But definitely a learning process.

How many times have we heard of people unloading guns in trailers on hunts - where one discharges?