Is it loaded?

Reactions
<broken link removed>

I was surprised at how this article was written with the gun safety tidbit at the end. Not what I have seen in the past from local news around here.

I still stand by that gun safety should be required as part of education for every child

clearconscience

Reactions
stupidity or ignorance is not the same as an accident.

I've had one "accident" with a firearm. But it wasn't an accident it was me being too comfortabl with a gun. And the complacency (sp) will kill you.

Anytime you assume a firearm is empty your inviting a tragedy.

Reactions
Unfortunately, it's all too common that people ignore basic safety rules because they think the gun is "unloaded". I see people not pay attention to the muzzle of their weapon all the time at ranges because they think it's unloaded and it's really been pissing me off. I was taught there's no such thing as an unloaded gun, and you always keep it pointed in a safe direction.

Reactions
it is always interesting to hear about "Accidents".
My father was always about safety
He was cycling ( Load, cycle through chamber and eject) some ammo through his rifle after having reloaded it and was checking them out.
It was winter and cold in his little shop area so he decided to do the cycling in the house.
Unfortunately - On one shell it discharged and ended up in my bed in the next room. Not sure if the primer was not set properly.

That shook all of use up. But definitely a learning process.

How many times have we heard of people unloading guns in trailers on hunts - where one discharges?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom