Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Is it legal to own a launcher?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by --cypher--, Oct 16, 2009.

1. --cypher--

--cypher-- Hillyard, WA New Member

I feel really ignorant asking this question, but I'm new to guns this year and I've spent a lot of time reading as much as I can, but I still haven't found an answer to:

In the state of Washington, is this type of device legal to buy, sell, or possess?

There is a shop down the street that has one, and I am wondering if it's just a licensed dealer thing or if it is just a display. The guy was kind of a jerk to some customers the last time I was in there, so I didn't want to ask him anything.

Also, I hope this is the right forum for this thread....

2. speelyei

speelyei Willamette Valley Active Member

Was it fired already? I don't know a lot about those, but we had one we got someplace when I was kid... It was just a fiberglass tube with a simple sighting arrangement and a rubberized push-button trigger. As I recall, there was no way to reload or re-use it, it was just interesting garbage. We would pretend it was a bazooka...

3. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

LAW rockets are one time use, it's not really a weapon anymore. I remember seeing some deactivated tripod mounted rockets launchers on the web a while back.

4. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

5. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

Im sure if you have the money and the government didnt mind.. Im sure they would have a FEE just for that level of destructive power..

fee's
    Full auto = 200
    silencer = 200

Guessing (ready to fire)

Launcher = $2500 + price of item

6. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Actually the tax stamp on a destructive device would be $200.

And I would have to go with the assumption that this is not a destructive device since it does not meet the ATF criteria for one, from 26 U.S.C. § 5845;

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Yes but there are minimum requirement on the barrel length.............