JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, as far as I've heard, from silencer dealers. You have to assign it a serial number, and you can make all the parts seperately, but you have to have a $200 tax stamp for that ser number, to assemble it. Once it is stamped you can finish making it and put it to use.

For the time and tooling, it seems easier to buy one from a known mfg.

If you start manufacturing them for sale, they probably want you to get a manufacturer's FFL. If it is for you only, you can make one per stamp.

Are you asking if you can build a suppressor if you already have paid a tax stamp for another one? Or are you asking if you can pay for a $200 tax stamp an build your own suppressor?

There is a difference ;)

In the end, you have to pay $200 for each suppressor that you own.

Well I want one.. but I dont WANT one lol as in Id rather just take my time and buy parts as i go.. and Try to make it, I also think it may be quite a bit cheaper..

I do Not own a suppressor. I just thought It would be interesting/fun to make one. Soo that would mean Id end up having to get a tax stamp

Well I want one.. but I dont WANT one lol as in Id rather just take my time and buy parts as i go.. and Try to make it, I also think it may be quite a bit cheaper..

I do Not own a suppressor. I just thought It would be interesting/fun to make one. Soo that would mean Id end up having to get a tax stamp

Yes you can make your own, I have known a few people that have done it, but I don't know if it ended up being cheaper or not, but it allows you to build one to your specifications and requirements.

You are going to want to find out if you need to have the stamp before you can start collecting parts or not, because it is possible that the feds can try and nail you for constructive intent. I don't know what the legalities as far as when you need the stamp completed, but that is something that I suggest looking into. (or something that someone can clarify on here)

You cannot make a part for a suppressor unless you have an approved form 1 in hand. If you make a part intended for a suppressor in the ATFs eyes you have made a suppressor. once you have approval then you can start collecting and making parts, but not before.

As said above, you need an approved ATF form 1 in your hands before making any parts. After obtaining your tax stamp, you can take your time building the silencer. I have never heard of any time limit on building. But once it is built, you can not make replacement parts or perform repairs that result in a longer silencer or a different bore size unless you pay another $200 tax. A licensed manufacturer can repair it for you using replacement parts without paying another tax.

You can find the ATF form 1 here; http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-1.pdf You will also need form 5330.20; http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf and fingerprint cards which you can order from here; http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads