JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is actually a shank that was machined into a pyramid shape, like the original WWI trench knife. It has no edges and basically a pointy titanium stick.

So I am guessing it is not considered a dagger or dirk but is it legal to carry in WA? I could find nothing in the RCW not even under dangerous weapons. From what I could tell it's ok to open carry this as long as no one is "alarmed"

This is actually for the Mrs. while we wait on her ccw. She works in downtown Everett and ( thanks Ed Murray) we have been receiving bus loads of chemically dependent overachievers from Seattle to plus up our local numbers. So there is a credible threat now,even just walking to the hippie mart or local park.

She is not allowed to carry a pistol at work because they sell alcohol and has to deal with meth addicted victims of inequality, often hostile, wanting access to the bathroom or free bubblegum. Pepper spray won't work very well on the walking dead, let's just accept that.

Any thoughts in the legality of her carrying this around?I work odd hours and she wants something to keep goblins at bay. image.jpeg

Kill someone with it and they will label it something unfortunately.

Personally I would go knife shopping and get her an assisted opener that's of legal length and have her practice opening it fast.

I can have my knife in hand faster then I can draw a pistol from a holster.

That way if she needs it there is zero question about the legality of her weapon.

Cool "trench knife"! Tell them it's a de-burring tool.

Sorry, no legal help from this Oregonian, but I hope you can solve you're wife's safety issues!:)

If the "blade" is over 4" then you can not conceale it. It is in the rcw under dangerous weapons. It will be an addendum and it will describe a shank or sabing tool. Ect ex. Ice pick.

Also look at an SW747PLT Tactical Penlight as a companion to the folder. Opposite end from the light is a glassbreaker that can be a most effective persuader when properly applied...

All of this is, of course, Just In Case while she keeps one eye out for lower-risk employment, I hope. :)

I think it should be noted that if she is carrying a blade/stabbing tool then she NEEDS to get some professional training. Even a little will go a long way.

YouTube can 'complement' training hand to hand or with blades but it is NOT a substitute for physical training where you gain your muscle memory.

Rarely does even one person walk away from a knife fight without bleading somewhere - it's minimizing the somewhere that is key.
Just my 2¢

She has some basic training against holds and chokes, she is no Jason Bourne but knows what to do if someone grabs hold of her.

We want to move to Oregon,but it will take some time. Who would have thought her retail job would be so high risk?

This used to be a nice place

Thanks for the input

I frikken LOVE that shank in the OP photo! Another thing that does wonders is a BIC "click-stick" pen. I always have one on me when I travel by airliner, through security it always goes!

I can/will perferate your jugular(s), your deltoids, biceps, quads, and hammies right ricky-tick with a "click-stick"... then I'm going for your eyes and ears after that!

Who has experience getting these defensive pens/lights through airport security? I've heard they go through, but I've never tried!
The wife and I each have one, so I'd like to board with one!:)

Dunno about TSA, but know that folks in other VDZ's like schools love 'em. I actually had to buy a case of those S&W's to give friends in the education sector as Christmas presents last year...

The weapon pictured in the OP's photo would not be allowed to be carried concealed in the State of Oregon at all. It would have to be carried openly just like a sheath knife.

It would fit into the same category legally as a Dirk, Dagger, gravity or spring operated, or double edged knife. And there for not be allowed to be carried concealed.

The weapon pictured in the OP's photo would not be allowed to be carried concealed in the State of Oregon at all. It would have to be carried openly just like a sheath knife.

It would fit into the same category legally as a Dirk, Dagger, gravity or spring operated, or double edged knife. And there for not be allowed to be carried concealed.

That one ^^

Plus you have to check every city and county code on said weapons and their individual and sometimes widely varying tolerances. (Which is why I have to use a folder because one of the cities I frequent does not allow fixed blades of any kind.)

Best of luck either way and if she is carrying then she probably isn't a lady that carries herself like a soft target, armed or not.

Thanks Mark! I suspected as much, but not sure. Fortunately we have carried them in plain view. I usually only carry mine when I think I'll need a pen, my "ZOMBIE PEN-ETRATOR" has a Fisher space pen ink cartridge! Wish I was as bad azzed as the pens logo name!:)

image.jpeg

BTW, I wasn't planning to try sneaking one on a plane! In the bin, on top! Might try it with a cheap one.

Last Edited:
There is the Taser X-26 too; I think they make a civilian model that runs for 30 seconds at a time instead of the 5-second-per-squeeze one we have.

Carry any way you want it; I use a Serpa for mine.

DLI_5752.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads