JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I am looking to buy a good/decent handgun for protection, and plinking purposes. I want to spend around $400. for one. Is it even possible to get a good handgun for $400??? I don't want a 9mm, i'm looking for a 40 or a 45 caliber. IF it is possible to get one for this amount what kind do you guys suggest???

I love having guns, but the wife HATES them, so I don't have many. I've got a AR-15, 10-22 Ruger, and a Marlin lever action 30-30.

Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

It's easily possible to get a decent handgun for $400 or less in a larger caliber than 9mm. For example, the Kahr CW40 and CW45 are both available for under $400. Rock Island 1911's in .45 are available in the high $300 range as well. I'm sure there are others as well.

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a good/decent handgun for protection, and plinking purposes. I want to spend around $400. for one. Is it even possible to get a good handgun for $400??? I don't want a 9mm, i'm looking for a 40 or a 45 caliber. IF it is possible to get one for this amount what kind do you guys suggest???

I love having guns, but the wife HATES them, so I don't have many. I've got a AR-15, 10-22 Ruger, and a Marlin lever action 30-30.

Thanks!!!

Look for a used Citadel 1911 on Gunbroker.com or other classified's. Great gun for the money in the price range you have in mind, little bit nicer fit and finish than a RIA. Otherwise Rock Island Armory (RIA) would be my second choice...

Pm coctailer, he had some used s&w .40 cal hand guns for sale not to long ago. Might have 1 left.

You might find a used or refurbished glock or XD for around your mark!

As always keep an eye on the forums. You can always find a good deal!

Can allways get a S&W 4006 40sw for that price solid steel and if something breaks S&W sends a paid shipping receipt to fix for free!!!!!Even on used guns.... just got one back all springs and extractor replaced and shipped back to my door. The only other company that does that is Taurus.

Sportsman Warehouse had the Stoeger Cougar 8040 in .40 S&W for $399.99. All metal, solid gun. Although the DA/SA is taking me some practice getting used to.
If you can get a used Glock in .40 S&W you can always get a .22 slide and slowly get the Wife to come around and shoot the .22 caliber. Everyone ends up loving to shoot a .22.
Mike

Taurus Millenium Pro or 24/7 Pro. Both can be had new for the $ you have. I have owned both and can attest you will get an accurate, quality firearm. The 24/7 is just like the HK USP V1 in that it can be carried cocked and locked like a 1911 or in the traditional DA/SA mode. Both have great ergonomics and Novak sights to boot.

You know, the more I research it, the more i'd like a .45. Ireally like the citadel idea, thanks Billy 4....now where to find one in my price range....may be difficult.

You know, the more I research it, the more i'd like a .45. Ireally like the citadel idea, thanks Billy 4....now where to find one in my price range....may be difficult.

Good reliable gun, but also very heavy. At 36 oz empty for the compact you'll get tired of carrying it quick. If you have no intention of concealed carry them weight is not a consideration.

Can allways get a S&W 4006 40sw for that price solid steel and if something breaks S&W sends a paid shipping receipt to fix for free!!!!!Even on used guns.... just got one back all springs and extractor replaced and shipped back to my door. The only other company that does that is Taurus.

There are tons of the 3rd generation S&Ws pistols on the market in .40 and .45. I have four and really like them. They offer them in alloy and steel versions.

look on gun broker for a eaa witness you can get a combo 40 with a 22 conversion kit for your budget
also buds gun shop and gallery of guns is a easy way to buy

theres a nice sig p220 45 for 365.00 at buds im eye balling real hard but all my money is tied up in tying the knot until the fall!

Thanks!!!

I sold NIB Sigma 40 & 9 today for $256.00 ea., And S&W SD-9 & SD-40 for $339 each. You just gotta find a guy who is trying to liquidate some older inventory, Heh Heh

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top