JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want to make sure I understand this correctly:

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO
POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE UNITED STATES BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

1- A JOB

2- A DRIVERS LICENSE

3- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

4- WELFARE

5- FOOD STAMPS

6- CREDIT CARDS

7- SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE

8- FREE EDUCATION

9- FREE HEALTH CARE

10- A LOBBYIST ON YOUR BEHALF IN WASHINGTON

11- MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE

12- AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT IN THE UNITED STATES.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION :nuts:

Yeah, that's one of the other tricky things, it never says what is done with illegals after they've done their time. It only says after imprisonment and/or after a fine is imposed, they should be transferred to ICE, and that furthermore law enforcement agencies have the ability to transfer the illegals into any other form of federal custody elsewhere outside of the jurisdiction of the LE agency that arrested and or imprisoned the illegal immigrant. What exactly federal custody means, and what happens after that, isn't spelled out. I suppose whatever happens will happen on account of federal law and isn't something AZ legislature has any jurisdiction over. Maybe the whole thing will just become a slow and expensive revolving door.

For the record, I am completely for deportation of illegal immigrants after they've been imprisoned or fined, I just don't like the idea of police now being obligated to go on fishing expeditions at the expense of citizens and legal residents.

The dangers that illegals pose to US citizens outweighs any possible negatives this law may bring. It's minimally invasive and will save lives if enforced. I do not consider it an infringement of my rights as a US citizen, and I am very zealous for those

Here's a short list of some of the more heinous crimes committed by illegals, from the DC sniper to garden variety terrorists

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/text/crimevictims.html

FYI, since 9/11 Customs and Border Patrol claim the right to stop anyone and setup checkpoints within 100 air miles of the US border and challenge them for ID. Seattle and Spokane are just over 100 miles from the border, so this includes much of WA.

The Border Patrol also claims the right to enter private property without permission if it is within 25 miles of the border e.g. Bellingham.

from http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Arti...ngton-state-checkpoints-draws-large-crowd.htm

Border Patrol roadblocks on U.S. Highway 101 north of Forks and on state Highway 104 near the Hood Canal Bridge have netted some 25 arrests since they were stepped up this summer, according to Border Patrol reports.

Most of those arrested were illegal immigrants, Border Patrol agents have said, although some citizens with outstanding arrest warrants also were detained.

I want to make sure I understand this correctly:

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO
POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE UNITED STATES BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

1- A JOB

2- A DRIVERS LICENSE

3- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

4- WELFARE

5- FOOD STAMPS

6- CREDIT CARDS

7- SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE

8- FREE EDUCATION

9- FREE HEALTH CARE

10- A LOBBYIST ON YOUR BEHALF IN WASHINGTON

11- MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE

12- AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT IN THE UNITED STATES.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION :nuts:
I am extremely anti-illegal immigration...but I will not go along with a line of reasoning that suggests the US should be more like N. Korea, China, Iran, etc. Do you really want this country to start handling it's legal enforcement in the same manner these countries do theirs?

I am extremely anti-illegal immigration...but I will not go along with a line of reasoning that suggests the US should be more like N. Korea, China, Iran, etc. Do you really want this country to start handling it's legal enforcement in the same manner these countries do theirs?

No, I think he’s just trying to make the point that our immigration policy-or lack of one-is a joke.

I lived in Japan for five years in the '80s where I was finger printed by the immigration authorities and required to make an annual trip down to the
immigration office to have my work permit/visa-which required me having a verifiable job-renewed because without it I couldn’t remain in the country-and justifiably so!(this went on until I married my Japanese wife).

Meanwhile, 2nd, 3rd generation born-in-Japan Korean(most of their ancestors were brought to Japan as slave laborers when Korea was a Japanese colony-gasp!) and Chinese-all fluent in the language and educated in Japanese schools-were also required to be fingerprinted, I.D. carded and barred from becoming Japanese citizens.

Am not in the least saying that we should adopt policies like these or other draconian ones.

But we at least need to have a viable, enforceable, yet humane immigration policy based on our national interest(ever heard of that? Another politically incorrect phrase)-something we don’t have now.

What we do have now is chaos on our Southern border-a border unique in the world where you have a developed, First-World country sharing a border with a developing, Third-World(an antiquated, un-PC phrase, I know),notoriously corrupt country rife with poverty, social, economic problems that has a real possibility of becoming a failed state.

Problems which Mexico has little incentive to address as long as it can shift the blame, responsibility, guilt--and a large proportion of its unskilled poor and disenfranchised-onto us.

I'm having a hard time figuring out which 'illegals' we are talking about that threaten our way of life.
Is it the illegals that committed multiple safety violations at the Massey Mine in WVa, leading to an explosion that killed 27 miners?
Is it the illegals that improperly cement capped the deep water oil rig, leading to an explosion that killed 11 workers and an oil slick that is currently threatening to foul the entire Gulf Coast?
Is it the illegals from Goldman Sachs that were just in front of the Senate, testifying to massive a financial fraud that mostly likely detonated a world-wide recession?
Is it the illegals from the Senate, the SEC, the FED, etc who failed to do their Constitutional duty to perform oversight?
Is it the government illegals who illegally wire US citizens?
The illegals who torture for the US Government?
The illegals who illegally launched the invasion and occupation of Iraq, and the illegal occupation of Afghanistan?
Is it an illegal economy that is illegally polluting the atmosphere with CO2 from cars and destroying glacial fed watersheds that poor people across the planet depend on?
Or is it the illegals that cross our borders in order to get minimum-wage jobs raising our crops and delivering pizza?
It must be the last group, because they don't fight back.

I'm having a hard time figuring out which 'illegals' we are talking about that threaten our way of life.
Is it the illegals that committed multiple safety violations at the Massey Mine in WVa, leading to an explosion that killed 27 miners?
Is it the illegals that improperly cement capped the deep water oil rig, leading to an explosion that killed 11 workers and an oil slick that is currently threatening to foul the entire Gulf Coast?
Is it the illegals from Goldman Sachs that were just in front of the Senate, testifying to massive a financial fraud that mostly likely detonated a world-wide recession?
Is it the illegals from the Senate, the SEC, the FED, etc who failed to do their Constitutional duty to perform oversight?
The illegals who illegally launched the invasion and occupation of Iraq, and the illegal occupation of Afghanistan?
Is it an illegal economy that is illegally polluting the atmosphere with CO2 from cars and destroying glacial fed watersheds that poor people across the planet depend on?
Or is it the illegals that cross our borders in order to get minimum-wage jobs raising our crops and delivering pizza?

:rolleyes:

After reading this..I can easilly see why you're having a "hard time figuring it out"..:s0131:

Don't fight back? Keep your head in that sand, it's nice and cozy there, I'm sure.. and it's obvious you did not click my link, so I'll post it one more time

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/text/crimevictims.html

I don't get the people that defend illegals. The fact that they are here means they are breaking the law. I just saw a news report where they were interviewing an illegal and she said "We are not criminals." I was dumbfounded. Here I was thinking the definition of a criminal was someone breaking the law. Apparently someone changed the definition when I wasn't looking. :angry:

But we don't want to OFFEND anyone. Especially the flies, lizards or sucker fish.
Just the white men in America...Ooops did I say that out loud? :eek:

White is the new (......) we are expected to just shut up, lay down and die and give up the nation that our ancestors built out of wilderness with their blood, sweat and tears

I don't get the people that defend illegals. The fact that they are here means they are breaking the law. I just saw a news report where they were interviewing an illegal and she said "We are not criminals." I was dumbfounded. Here I was thinking the definition of a criminal was someone breaking the law. Apparently someone changed the definition when I wasn't looking. :angry:
I cannot defend illegal aliens for the same reason I cannot defend people cited for illegal possession of a firearm. I might not agree with the law that gets them arrested for carrying a gun, but it is still the law and the willfully violated it. That makes them a criminal.

I do recognize the absolute need for a cheap labor force. Since we are unwilling to make welfare recipients or low risk criminals work off their debt, immigrants are needed to fill that role. Still, they have to do it legally though a work visa or exchange program.

I do recognize the absolute need for a cheap labor force. Since we are unwilling to make welfare recipients or low risk criminals work off their debt, immigrants are needed to fill that role. Still, they have to do it legally though a work visa or exchange program.

I think that is going to change, very soon. I am not against green cards for low paying jobs as long as they are very carefully inspected for criminal status and health checked prior. What I strongly object to is the H1B visas for millions of high paying US jobs, especially in this economy, but that is slightly off topic

Your post has no point. Your examples have no relevance. You may as well have posted "oggy woogy boogy boo" and saved yourself some typing! ;)

And as far back as I can remember they have been doing it. Shame on the American people who have hired these illegals to save a buck but have diffidently helped in ruining the economy.

A local higher end apartment complex was built with entirely Central American labor. It was 5 blocks from my home and I would have loved to have gotten the tile contract..no way, Jose! They erected a tall cyclone fence and it was swarming with either green carders or illegals, no way to know without an ICE raid. They were constantly at the nearest supermarket sending money home via Western Union. Some of them were Guatemalans, not taller than 4 feet :huh:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top