JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had someone in California try and purchase something from me years ago that was not legal down there on Armslist. I went as far as to get their name, number and FFL. Then sent that info to the proper channels. Never heard anything back. Won't mess with that site.

I actually have had decent luck and sold a few things on Armslist, but it is bad if you don't know what to look for. Worst part is all the ads, and only a few listings per page.
There are flakes and scammers everywhere...
Even sometimes infect our Classifieds here. Tacswap is another one that has a lot of scammers, and flakes... any site without a feedback system is a playground for those arse clowns.

We are a Premium Vendor on Armslist and we sell on Gunbroker also.

We do get quite a bit of spam, scammers, and people trying to buy stuff illegally from Armslist. Like mentioned it is the Craigslist of the gun world. Just have to sort through the bad to find the good. We have had a good amount of success with it though.

We refer to Gunbroker as the eBay of the gun world, you can find some good deals on there but most sellers list items at a premium due to the enormous fees Gunbroker charges the seller. We have bought and sold on Gunbroker though.

I actually have had decent luck and sold a few things on Armslist, but it is bad if you don't know what to look for. Worst part is all the ads, and only a few listings per page.
There are flakes and scammers everywhere...
Even sometimes infect our Classifieds here. Tacswap is another one that has a lot of scammers, and flakes... any site without a feedback system is a playground for those arse clowns.
Same, that said it was better before SB941, now I only use it to browse when I'm bored(armslist). But even pre-sb941 there were scammers, some of which seemed like possible ATF sting operations. This site is much more secure, also the feedback system helps keep things honest.

Scammers, tire kickers, people that have no grasp of the law (or pretend not to).
You name it, they are there. Ive had a few really good meet ups.. but Ive had about double that in time wasters.

If you post model 94 Winchester in there and you get a response like ( is that a winchester?) Or some other half wit question then you know to ignore it.

I've bought, sold, and traded on Armslist. Yeah there are scammers, but they are pretty easy to spot. I strongly prefer selling on here, but it's never bad to cast a wider net.

I've met a couple of great people through Armslist.

There was a young man, Marine Veteran who restores Carcano rifles. I've often wondered if he is on NWFA. Great guy, both he and his wife.

Last Edited:
I stay away from Armslist for the reasons others have stated, but wasn't so bad a few years ago.
I've found a few bargains on 24hourcampfire.com. which seems to be populated by honest folk like here. Campfire heavily tilted toward hunting related guns and gear, but not exclusively.
Mostly do business in classifieds here for 100% good experiences.

I've had good luck buying and selling on gunbroker and have been on there for years. It's easy to figure out who to or not do business with.
It ain't cheap, but it works for me. (Actually the fees don't seem bad considering my results.)

I don't use Armslist, for some reason I just never cared for it.

Armslist jumped the shark years ago. It got flooded by idiots, scammers, and fools. Then the owners decided they were going to make changes, spam the ever living crap out of you with ads, then they removed the "power search" features that let you focus on one specific area of a state, or search by make & model etc. Their keyword search function is next to useless too, because it shows plenty of non-related results. Armslist is worthless. If you're in the PNW, this is THE best place to sell guns. iFish is also a decent place, surprisingly. Otherwise I'd just put it up on gun broker, make the buyer pay for shipping, or trade the gun in at a shop for what you want, knowing you're going to get hosed on the value.

I received an email from someone telling me the Sig p320 x5 I listed on NWF is on armslist. I checked and the seller is NOT me but has my copied ad and pictures. Beware of scammers, be safe, be vigilant. Screenshot_20200707-045848_Chrome.jpg

Sadly this is a a huge problem on AL now. I regularly see ads that are copied pics and text from ads on many different forums, auction sites or places like Gunbroker. Many are easy to check with Google image search. Searching the text content works well too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top