JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am currently subscribed to Amazon Prime Video and Netflix. No cable. My girlfriend and I currently spend three nights together watching TV and have enjoyed immensely shows like Stranger Things, Longmire, The Expanse, Mindhunter, etc. However, we are running out of stuff to binge. We're now watching The Crown, and it puts me to sleep.

Now that I'm sick, I was desperately searching for something on Netflix and everything that looked interesting was European and dubbed. Can't stand it. Seems like there is a proliferation of woke material on Netflix and I think it was under $10 when I subscribed and is now over $14. I'll likely drop it soon.

Heard great things about Disney Plus and The Mandalorian, and it's only $6.99 a month. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it and if it is worth adding.

IMHO, not really. Lotta virtue signalling and you can basically blast through the content in a couple weeks. My girlfriend has it. I basically blasted through everything last summer and there really hasn't been any new content. I havnt even loaded it up on the PS4 in months. I don't watch the TV show stuff on there.

I don't pay for it, I tag-along on my daughter's subscription....
.... and I'm still feeling ripped off.

- Nanny-dalorian is generally a bore, and I get the feeling if it wasn't for baby Yoda nobody would care. The actors just seem to be "texting-in" their performances.
- The latest show "Wanda-Vision" makes "Green Acres" seem like high-brow comedy. They've managed to take 2 of Marvel's blandest characters and made them blander AND stupid.

With Disney now so firmly committed to the woke/PC/social justice /equity orthodoxy, to be fair, I imagine it must be very difficult to produce any good new programming these days. For them to create anything entertaining especially if it requires humor ... must be almost impossible.

They carry a lot of their old-old-old stuff from when we were kids (Pinocchio, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes) so if you're into that then it might be worth it. Most of their other programming is available on multiple else-wheres.

Last Edited:
It's good for a month to watch mandalorian and a few others but they don't add enough new content yet. I heard there are two more star wars shows coming along with more marvel and even a harry potter. So in a year it could have potential.

I like the Mandalorian. Its..
Less woke than the sequel trilogy. The acting and emotional impact is far better than the sequel trilogy, IMO. Its also worth thinking of the plot like a fantasy game :rolleyes: More like a space western. As I have an 8 month old daughter.. we watch certain stuff on Disney +, along with Funimation, Crunchyroll and some Youtube channels (specifically Baby signing time and Rocky Mountain Deaf School's baby/children stories in ASL). Most time we just watch star wars related content, and nature shows.. Disney+ has some good nature/science stuff from National Geography but some of that is indeed woke-topia :confused: On the other hand... we got rid of Netflix and Amazon Prime... we do have Hulu but we don't watch much except one or two things on there, like Shark week. May be a better option later on to remove Hulu and one of the other streaming services and get Curiousity Stream? Its all science, all documentaries. But theres a good high chance of woke-stuff/social justice stuff on all the streaming services.

Neighbor lady lets me use one of her Disney logins because I cut her grass in the summer. Mando was good. Several of the Marvels are pretty good. The Pixars are fun to watch. We have Netflix (highly recommend Ozark) and Hulu. Hulu is the first thing that would go in a financial crunch, however, I just saw a great series on Hulu, "Justified" (Must have hillbilly in me). Excellent acting with Walton Goggins running away with it.

Keep an eye out in the cereal section of your grocery store, we got a free month of Disney + from a cereal box. Watched them Mandalorean, then canceled it. Kid liked a few of the Disney movies. The new Mulan was horrible, it took out all the humor and was extremely pro China.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top