JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whats funny around here is these kids come from money. Dirty clothes, gross dreads, constant smell of weed and patchouli oil, but have a quarter million in a trust fund at 18. We call them "trustifarians".

That smell, patchouli, was enough to gag me when I was a kid and it was cool. Many a time I would see some drop dead pretty girl who would douse themselves in that crap and it would often make it hard for me to stand to be close to them much less bed them. :(

I know what you meant :D
Not everyone likes tattoos. I happen to like tattoos.

Many who see mine rave about them. I always tell them if I had it to do again they would not be there. It still makes me sad when I see people who do it to their face and neck. They are making it far harder to get a job. They are FAR more acceptable now though. When I started this job I was told I had to wear long sleeves to hide them. They had just changed the policy but our department did not want them. I lived with it for a while. Then one day met a manager who had some kind of scroll work that went up her neck and behind one ear. I said that's it and started wearing my short sleeves. I was going to make them go to HR if they said anything. After a week others in the department all started wearing their short sleeves too when they saw me getting away with it ;)

Many who see mine rave about them. I always tell them if I had it to do again they would not be there. It still makes me sad when I see people who do it to their face and neck. They are making it far harder to get a job. They are FAR more acceptable now though. When I started this job I was told I had to wear long sleeves to hide them. They had just changed the policy but our department did not want them. I lived with it for a while. Then one day met a manager who had some kind of scroll work that went up her neck and behind one ear. I said that's it and started wearing my short sleeves. I was going to make them go to HR if they said anything. After a week others in the department all started wearing their short sleeves too when they saw me getting away with it ;)
My work tried to say mine were a distraction after discussing it with HR I got the thumbs up. I'm the only one in my department with a tattooPeople judge a little, but it comes with making the choice to get them in the first place. I don't regret any one of them.

Anyone else find it ironic to base someone's perceived lack of class based solely on how they look? I get it, You miss the good ole days of your childhood. Class is an attitude, disposition- especially under fire not a dress code, Behavior and aesthetics aren't always mutually exclusive but it's insular to think one begets the other. Easily 80-90% of the worse attitudes I've ever encountered have been in a suit or pencil skirt, not saying I've never encountered a patchouli flavored douche. Like my old man said, shiite comes in all shapes and colors.
I deal with people like the ones in this thread at work every day. They look at me and can't imagine how someone with a mullet and Inch and a half holes in his ears could possibly operate a machine that ionizes radiation; let alone get through the program! How could he possibly run a fluoroscopic C arm and guide my surgeon or x-ray my child? Just...just LOOK at him! he's one of THEM!

BOOMERS:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Whadya call those ear hoopies???
Depends on what jewelry is in them. Calling them "gauges" or "gauging" is inaccurate and cringey, like calling every rifle with an optic a "SNIPER RIFLE". Its the equivalent of listening to De Leon talk about Ghost guns. Gives me douche-chills thinking about it. Gauge is just a unit of measurement. Once you go past a 00G (double zero) which is 10mm, you drop that unit and refer to their metric or SI unit of measurement. Mine are 38.1mm or 1.5 inches, I call my jewelry just that- Jewelry. Though the term Ear Ring would be appropriate- the ring just just inside your ear on a different axis.

Anyone else find it ironic to base someone's perceived lack of class based solely on how they look? I get it, You miss the good ole days of your childhood. Class is an attitude, disposition- especially under fire not a dress code, Behavior and aesthetics aren't always mutually exclusive but it's insular to think one begets the other. Easily 80-90% of the worse attitudes I've ever encountered have been in a suit or pencil skirt, not saying I've never encountered a patchouli flavored douche. Like my old man said, shiite comes in all shapes and colors.
I deal with people like the ones in this thread at work every day. They look at me and can't imagine how someone with a mullet and Inch and a half holes in his ears could possibly operate a machine that ionizes radiation; let alone get through the program! How could he possibly run a fluoroscopic C arm and guide my surgeon or x-ray my child? Just...just LOOK at him! he's one of THEM!

BOOMERS:rolleyes:

You can have a schit personality and look good in a suit. Sure. But when someone comes up clean shaven with a haircut and clothes that may not be expensive, but obviously show the guy has some personal pride...he probably doesn't have to worry about being followed by loss prevention.

You can have a schit personality and look good in a suit. Sure. But when someone comes up clean shaven with a haircut and clothes that may not be expensive, but obviously show the guy has some personal pride...he probably doesn't have to worry about being followed by loss prevention.
This. Class isn't about dropping a gazillion bucks at Hugo Boss or Brooks Brothers, it's about dressing and presenting for the occasion to the best of your ability. If what you have is an economy class suit and it's a formal occasion, wear that proudly.

It's not about the price tag, it's about the effort.

Depends on what jewelry is in them. Calling them "gauges" or "gauging" is inaccurate and cringey, like calling every rifle with an optic a "SNIPER RIFLE". Its the equivalent of listening to De Leon talk about Ghost guns. Gives me douche-chills thinking about it. Gauge is just a unit of measurement. Once you go past a 00G (double zero) which is 10mm, you drop that unit and refer to their metric or SI unit of measurement. Mine are 38.1mm or 1.5 inches, I call my jewelry just that- Jewelry. Though the term Ear Ring would be appropriate- the ring just just inside your ear on a different axis.

So they are called ear holes???

You never actually answered the question

Yes it is. Sexual deviants are normal. Kids are drugged by the schools at an early age. Everyone is a winner, and gets a trophy. Thus, America is full of narcissistic, easily offended, give me free stuff loser snowflakes. I'm probably the first 50 year old, that is glad he's not young.

So they are called ear holes???

You never actually answered the question
I call them and other facial metal "compliance assistance devices"...

"When you grab an a**hole by the monkey's paw stud in his lip and firmly pull, the rest of him will follow forthwith, posthaste and Chop-Chop."
--Richard Marcinko

Read it again.

-Depends on what's in the ear.
-I call them jewelry, most other people do too

Well that certainly cleared that up.

I'll keep using the term gauging as that's the term I've heard people who do the work call it. Never heard a piercer say, "I have a jewelry appointment that should be here soon".:rolleyes:

Via the inter webs it seems Stretching is the most common term.

Jewelry is so vague that it's not all that useful

Calling them "gauges" or "gauging" is inaccurate and cringey, like calling every rifle with an optic a "SNIPER RIFLE". Its the equivalent of listening to De Leon talk about Ghost guns. Gives me douche-chills thinking about it.

No offense meant, I guess I'm just old at 40 and it went over my head:confused:

Last Edited:
I like to travel and like to play a little game on my way back home. Which gate, without looking at the signs, is boarding for Sea-Tac or PDX? The planes on the way to Texas, Florida, Arizona, the Carolinas, have nicely dressed and often beautiful people. Find the dumpster-fire of earth tones, anime shirts, BCGs, and green hair thats short on girls and ling on guys, and you've found the PDX/Sea-Tac gate.

That'll be me.

I'm don't often see people that emulate zombies - But I'm certain to see them in cities which I avoid like the plague.

The un-dead do have fashion sense and a high sense of zombie lookalike snowflake hauteur.

Now, hurry and puncture me so I can install that railroad spike in the orifice cuz it's looks coo-wuhl...

Last Edited:

Regardless of what they are called by whomever... I don't like it. Same as I don't like tats. Outliers/standouts tend to get culled from the herd due to the reaction of fellow herd members as well as attracting predators, so there's that factor. I don't know, weirdness of appearance just doesn't appeal to me. I have the same reaction to transgenders or towards seeing guys kissing in movies or in public. Yuck or ewwwwwwwwww!!! Human nature abhors the aberrant. Why is it appealing to some???

Having class involves good manners, politeness, pride without showboating, empathy, humility, and an abundance of self-control. The actions of class-act people speak louder than their words. You can see it in their body language and the way they carry themselves. Class always shows without being announced.

Having class involves good manners, politeness, pride without showboating, empathy, humility, and an abundance of self-control. The actions of class-act people speak louder than their words. You can see it in their body language and the way they carry themselves. Class always shows without being announced.

:s0101:

I'll admit it... no, I'm not racist, I am sometimes "class-challenged". Just sometimes tho. Other times I have so much class that I could teach a class on it. :D

Like excusing myself when I belch at the dinner table and not using other people's napkins?:oops:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top