JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anybody noticed, or cared, that Ceasefire Oregon appears to have moved their office from a more expensive downtown Portland location, to a small, hole in the wall, office on Barnes Rd? I'm hoping this means that their donations and funding are dwindling...

Their 2014 gun turn-in was supposed to be announced two months ago - sounds like a lack of funds. Maybe we can host our own NWFA gun turn-in.

I like that idea. Have a bunch of private buyers, cash in hand, ready to give over a little money to take guns off the anti-gun crowd (since they're the only ones foolish enough to actually participate in a buy back). We should do this. I could use some new guns in my collection for $50 a pop.

I like that idea. Have a bunch of private buyers, cash in hand, ready to give over a little money to take guns off the anti-gun crowd (since they're the only ones foolish enough to actually participate in a buy back). We should do this. I could use some new guns in my collection for $50 a pop.

Anyone know a church or venue which might host it?

Note if we had more than 25 guns available at one time, it would meet the "gun show" definition in ORS 166.432(b). The sellers would then need to meet their ORS 166.438 requirements. Probably best to tally the sellers and only admit 24 at one time. To be safe, we could also create 24 special tags and tag each gun as it came in. Then as each gun was transferred to a seller, the tag could be attached to the next incoming gun. Only tagged guns could be transferred.

Optionally we could have someone calling in serial numbers to OSP and screening out any stolen guns. For buyers, we might need a rotating list of (say) a dozen buyers who would have first dibs on any gun, at the same fixed price as Ceasefire ($100 = handgun, $50 = rifle, etc).

Nice plan, but what are the buyers going to do when the sellers show up with broken hunks of guns that are not worth anything close to $100 :(

Their 2014 gun turn-in was supposed to be announced two months ago - sounds like a lack of funds. Maybe we can host our own NWFA gun turn-in.
Maybe this had something to do with their delayed plans?
http://www.shotgunnews.com/2013/06/27/gun-grabbers-squabble-after-seattle-gun-buyback/
And every so often there's the story of the smart gun owner who turns in a non-functioning collection of gun parts and then uses the gift card or cash to buy a new gun. Oh, but wait, that would require Ceasefire to connect the dots, which is something they've never really been able to do well...

My brother was dissapointed when the buyback didn't happen this year. Got some nice deals last year.

Bought a few non-functinal(but still went click when you pulled the trigger) guns off people who didn't want to wait in line, and turned them in for Freddy's gift cards to use for more ammo. It was really fun answering their survey on why we were turning the guns in.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Seems to me when the anti-gunners have a buy back then THEY satisfy the "gun-show" technicality.
True, but no one makes them fulfill the legal requirements do they?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

My brother was dissapointed when the buyback didn't happen this year. Got some nice deals last year.

Bought a few non-functinal(but still went click when you pulled the trigger) guns off people who didn't want to wait in line, and turned them in for Freddy's gift cards to use for more ammo. It was really fun answering their survey on why we were turning the guns in.

That is what I did....turned in a busted up non functioning shotgun and took the Freddy's gift certificate and bought ammo with it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top