JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have some family members that live in N. California. I was thinking of bringing my (normal) Colt Govt./LEO carbine down on my next visit so we could do some plinking.

Reading the Cali regs, it looks like they had some law about no AR rifles unless the 10-round magazine is "perminantly" attached to the rifle, etc. etc. etc. is this still true? It sounds crazy! :confused:

Yes that is still true. So if you went down there with your carbine, they would consider you a felon. :(

Another odd thing I learned about cali is that they still have a waiting period for ANY guns, even .22s

I have some family members that live in N. California. I was thinking of bringing my (normal) Colt Govt./LEO carbine down on my next visit so we could do some plinking.

Reading the Cali regs, it looks like they had some law about no AR rifles unless the 10-round magazine is "perminantly" attached to the rifle, etc. etc. etc. is this still true? It sounds crazy! :confused:

You have 2 options:

1. Afix 1 10 (or less) round mag so that some kind of tool is required to remove the mag. This forces you to either fire single shot, load the mag through the ejection port or remove the rear pin, fold the upper foreward and load the mag from the top.

2. Remove the pistol grip and find some method to retain the safety, pin and spring.

Good luck.

Got it. Here. The California Kit, looks like a Mag and Lock for about $35 bucks. Thanks for your advice fellas.

I have to wonder how many of these things the 18th Street Westside, the Avenues gang, the Grape Street Crips or the Black P-Stones have purchased?

Wonder if it is legal to pay your cal taxes with an I.O.U. seems if they are useing them for tax refunds it should be legal to pay with one.Great idea just buy an I.O.U. from someome they sent one (at a discount of course) then send it back as your payment at face value.

If it were me I'd just stay out of California, Peoples Republic of

If family wanted to see me they can come up here. :D

Northern California is nice, by Northern I mean anywhere north of Sacramento. You'd find that most of the people around there are pro-gun and wish they weren't a part of the rest of the State. I used to live there, so when I went shooting the guns and ammo were always in the back of the truck. Don't bother shooting with an AR-15 unless you want to get arrested. Don't bring your magazines with greater than 10 round capacity for any weapon. For some reason a Mini-14 is completely legal (although with a few cosmetic addons it becomes an assault rifle) but an AR is not. Those pistol grips are dangerous....

Here is a question for non Cali people, when I went to indoor ranges it was usually against the rules to go for head shots on those paper silhouette targets and do double taps, do they do that everywhere?

Here is a question for non Cali people, when I went to indoor ranges it was usually against the rules to go for head shots on those paper silhouette targets and do double taps, do they do that everywhere?

Seriously?? Wow... I mean... a grouping is a grouping, regardless of if it's on a "head" of a paper target or a paper plate... I'm shell-shocked... we're talking 22" deck-gun shell-shocked here...

Meh.

Oh yeah I'm serious, I thought it was ******ed and couldn't begin to imagine how they can justify it but I wanted to shoot so I just didn't aim at the head.... I'm sure the silhouette man appreciated my kindness. I wonder what they would have done if my group was in the guys face.

Oh yeah I'm serious, I thought it was ******ed and couldn't begin to imagine how they can justify it but I wanted to shoot so I just didn't aim at the head.... I'm sure the silhouette man appreciated my kindness. I wonder what they would have done if my group was in the guys face.

So I guess life size "targets" depicting Osama Bin Laden would REALLY be verboten 'eh? :nuts:

Regarding head shots, I've been to a couple of indoor ranges that frown upon them (not in CA). I thought they didn't trust the shooter's ability to hit the head region and didn't want their target relay equipment getting hit.

Yes that is still true. So if you went down there with your carbine, they would consider you a felon. :(

Another odd thing I learned about cali is that they still have a waiting period for ANY guns, even .22s

I am pretty sure you also need to have a safe down there to buy a gun. My friend has to give his Safe ID number or serial or something before buying a gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top