JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its $5 life membership. Sometimes it's cheaper but easier to get help than Walmart. I never like sportmans for ammo unless its rifle ammo like 270 and 7mm or 3030. But they have cheap steel case ammo. Bimart it's all about the sales they run. Stock prices are the same as everyone.

Ammoman.com offers free shipping on any order over $99. In most cases it works out to be about the same as what you might find locally. However, it gets dropped on your doorstep.

Check SG ammo too. Had never heard of them till someone here mentioned them a while back. Have been using them a lot now. Price always seems quite good, service always very good. UPS driver probably not real happy with me as those cases of ammo must not make his day for him :D

SG Ammo is the best source for bulk 7.62x39 on the internet(s). 1000 rds for $200(shipped) -- offering a few different flavors(atm).

Brownells is the only other online retailer that can compete -- when they're having a sale on WPA (or occasionally WMC) and further discounting w/ free shipping via (M8Y) offer codes.

Targetsports can also be good, as they too offer free shipping on cases, but it all depends on whether their base case price for x39 is gtg.

Check ammoseek.com for the best current listed prices online.

If a person is planning on shooting a bunch, buying bulk is the way to go. However, shipping is where some places get ya. If one can find one of those places that offer a flat shipping rate (like Vizards or White Birch Armory) and they're offering good prices at the time. Milk it for all its worth.

I saw at Bimart last week the 200rds 45acp range bucket for $59....thats 80bucks at sportsmans warehouse. I bought a 300rds 45ACP winchester ammocan on sale for $69...100rds box cost 44 bucks at sportsmans warehouse and I believe $33 at walmart is usual. They always have 556 on sale pretty much at Bimart... 7.62x39 I saw only once there and it was not cheap. Salesman at bimart told my "they dont sell well" and I asked if i would get another discount if I take the last 4 cans... they couldnt do that so I only left with one.

Sportsmans warehouse is where I go for that to grab a box, $9.99 currently for tulammo but lfew days ago I bought the last 2 boxes of the shelf. recently bought 500rds wolf HP 7.62x39 from sportsmansguide for $100 shipped!!!

$200 for 1000rds is a pretty good deal. I always pay attention to shipping and only buy when shipping is free. If you find anything cheaper, let me know lol

Last Edited:
Depends on sales, Sportsmans, and Bi-Mart are about the same! I shop them both often, and with the sales, they are about what the on line sales go for! During the first few weeks of hunting season, you can do very well on rifle ammo, I have scored big savings this way and cleaned out several stores innovatory on .308, .30/06, .300 W.M. and .338 W.M! I have even found deals at Sportsmans on .375 H&H a few times!:):):)

Go to Ammoseek.com to check prices on ammo. They compare lots of retailers and you can usually find the cheapest prices for online purchases. Online is the only way to go if you are buying bulk, other than BiMart sales (no bulk 7.62x39).

Want the best deals.

I rarely seek out a good deal. Usually I just see an ad in the email and clicky clicky.

Another SG Ammo fan. They don't always have the lowest prices, but overall they're very competitive, selection and service are both excellent, and shipping is quite reasonable, IIRC it only added $16 to the cost of 1000 rds. of 9mm, or about what I would have paid in sales tax for the same ammo cost (but not quantity!). And as mentioned, that's to your door, an important factor for me as I live in the boonies, local selection is pretty slim pickings, and it's either a 45 or 90 mile drive to find decent selection. I've occasionally looked at some of the other online sources, but I keep coming back to SG Ammo. Later.

Another SG Ammo fan. They don't always have the lowest prices, but overall they're very competitive, selection and service are both excellent, and shipping is quite reasonable, IIRC it only added $16 to the cost of 1000 rds. of 9mm, or about what I would have paid in sales tax for the same ammo cost (but not quantity!). And as mentioned, that's to your door, an important factor for me as I live in the boonies, local selection is pretty slim pickings, and it's either a 45 or 90 mile drive to find decent selection. I've occasionally looked at some of the other online sources, but I keep coming back to SG Ammo. Later.

Yah, we're fans of SG ammo also.

Very nice selection.

Oddball calibers, as well as a nice mix of standard calibers from defensive to steel cased to match grade manufactured, plus a great assortment of NATO ball. Can buy in small quantity to try some out etc as well.

Keep an eye on Palmetto State Armory for deals, pretty much online shop SG and Palmetto.

Local is BiMart & Sportsmans, with BiMart normally having better local pricing. Haven't bothered to look at Walmart.

Rarely have had the need/want to actually buy local in a while, tho did pick up some case packs of .22lr when they had that decent special around Black Friday.

Recommended BiMart recently to some acquaintances just starting into AR's for some plinking ammo.

If you don't care what brand brass 5.56 or pistol caliber you shoot, then BM usually cheaper. I think I have paid as low as 23-27 cents a round at Bi-Mart. WM has the lowest priced 7.62x39 as long as you like Tula.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top