JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is anyone here interested in building an AK?

The reason I ask, is I have a collection of building tools and all the correct rivets one could need, but before I go through the process of laying it all out and posting an add, I'd like to test the waters and see if we have members here who might be interested building their own.

Is anyone here interested in building an AK?

The reason I ask, is I have a collection of building tools and all the correct rivets one could need, but before I go through the process of laying it all out and posting an add, I'd like to test the waters and see if we have members here who might be interested building their own.

It's something I've thought about.

It's something I've thought about.
I've got a press, rivets, the jig for pressing the barrel in and out and I believe (2) bolt cutter rivet presses. I have built some stunning AKs over the years with these tools. All one needs is to be patient and understand how the tools work.

I've got a press, rivets, the jig for pressing the barrel in and out and I believe (2) bolt cutter rivet presses. I have built some stunning AKs over the years with these tools. All one needs is to be patient and understand how the tools work.

Sounds like an interesting project. I don't know how soon you need to sell or what that's worth, but I'd certainly consider it if funds were available at the time. The way things are going in this state, I think having these types of skills can be very beneficial in the future.

I saw this thread earlier, but just sitting down this evening, after this past week of weather
I mis-read the title as

Anyone Interested in Building an ARK

and, I haven't even broken out the Red Label yet.

I know nothing about AKs so I don't even know what sort of parts I'd need to bring, but it sounds fun. I'm in if you don't mind a complete newbee joining.

1st Step in the Build process is what kit do you want to build?
2nd Step Obtain kit & Demill it if not already.
3rd Step Buy or Stamp Your Receiver
4th Step Assemble Your Kit.
What kit would you recommend? Does the kit contain something akin to an AR receiver that needs to go through a FFL ? (Sorry for such a basic question I'll have to do some reading on AKs).

Edit: I see that is step 3 for the receiver.

What kit would you recommend? Does the kit contain something akin to an AR receiver that needs to go through a FFL ? (Sorry for such a basic question I'll have to do some reading on AKs).

As for a kit whatever is to your taste and budget. A lot of options see post above!

Kits do not have the receiver and no ffl is required on kits.
A Flat is just a flat receiver when you stamp it it becomes a 90% receiver (Technically a firearm) weld the rails and rivet the center support = 100%

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top