JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a suppressor last June. December comes and the ATF website said current wait time was about 7 months so I thought, cool, about one more month wait. January passes and they say 8 months. Feb passes and they say 9 months. Now, end of March and still waiting. Guess they will change the estimated wait time to 10 months soon.

What the hell is going on. Every time it gets close to what they say the average wait time gets longer. I understand it's an estimate but WTf? So much for the online system being fast. So frustrating. I've been thinking of calling but I'm not sure it world do any good.

If anyone else has bought a suppressor Last June and has received theirs please let me know.

First advice I give to those buying cans.

The wait can be anywhere between 5 days and 3 years.

If you want to call the hotline, go ahead, it literally was put in play as a placebo.

I feel you buddy I submitted mid July last year, when I called I believe they said they were near a 10 month turnaround with no way of telling if your file is being reviewed by anybody it literally goes ghost until they approve it. The whole process is retarded.

Friends and I had suppressor purchases that started last year. The paper process took 13 months and the eForm4 took 9 months.

There is some good news though. The Single trust is super easy to update without any delays.
I recommend one for every suppressor purchased because you can update who has access to the suppressor without waiting.

My son and I each purchase suppressors then via the trust addendums we add each other.

My first took about 9 months, 2nd one I bought and held right when the e-forms started, it only took 3 months. 3rd one was 7 months, and my last one was 270 days. Last month I bought another one and have 3x form 1's in process since beginning of February and hoping they get approved before HB1240 is signed.

But I want it NOW! Yeah, well you gotta wait with the rest of us. Remember how averages work, then get patient and wait. All 3 of mine have taken about 11 months each. To make average with me some lucky jerks got theirs in 3 months I suppose

I'm into 38 days for 2 cans and 15 days for 2 other cans. So I'm hoping by xmas. And 8 days for a form 1 sbr. My last 5 cans were around a year, but those were paper files.

I bought a suppressor last June. December comes and the ATF website said current wait time was about 7 months so I thought, cool, about one more month wait. January passes and they say 8 months. Feb passes and they say 9 months. Now, end of March and still waiting. Guess they will change the estimated wait time to 10 months soon.

What the hell is going on. Every time it gets close to what they say the average wait time gets longer. I understand it's an estimate but WTf? So much for the online system being fast. So frustrating. I've been thinking of calling but I'm not sure it world do any good.

If anyone else has bought a suppressor Last June and has received theirs please let me know.
I waited 22 months for my first suppressor. Some I have waited less for. My first MG was about 7 months. My second suppressor which I purchased about a month after the first was in about 6 months, so I had it for over a year before I got the first. Abandon all logic and reason as explanatory factors for the wait times.

It takes as long as it takes. Oddly, my machine guns have had relatively shorter wait times than .22 suppressors. My last Machine gun was around the 3-4 month mark.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top