JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will sell my comic, baseball and foot ball card collection before I sell any firearms that I have. I have already sold off my older tent trailer and jeep. Just to clear out the clutter and to consentrate on other more ingaging project.. I.E. the servival and protection of my family ..

I have to admit, I came away from a training course feeling like my most pressing need right now is to consolidate to fewer rifles and train more on the ones I have. So, I'm selling some of my older WWII-era bolt actions that I just never shoot and don't think I will anytime soon. But, I will miss them...I do love the history as well!

I have an old Mauser that was a bring back from WW2. There is no record of it being in America. I will keep it all my life. I like having firearms that do not have a paper trail. I have several that way and will not get rid of them and purchase newer ones that can be traced. Hey Obama - MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!

I have an old Mauser that was a bring back from WW2. There is no record of it being in America. I will keep it all my life. I like having firearms that do not have a paper trail. I have several that way and will not get rid of them and purchase newer ones that can be traced. Hey Obama - MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!

That is funny. ATF can only trace from the mfg to the distributor to the retailer to the person that did the background check. Once the original buyer sells it, there is no trail.

Well, I work in a store that sells firearms. Every so often, we get a request from the BATFE to find the sales record and BATFE form on which a certain fiream was sold. The BATFE knows the make, model, caliber and serial number of the gun. They know it was sold by us. We are given 24 hours to find the forms and fax copies to the BATFE. They want to know who the purchaser was. Gun dealers are required to keep the records of their sales for 20 years.
In my earlier message I was talking about guns which were purchased years ago or brought into the country with no paper trail. The Mauser was a WW2 bringback. After that war GI's could bring ONE firearm back as a souvenir. I have it now and it cannot be traced! I have a couple of other firearms that I bought during the Sixties and Seventies. I'm sure the records on those are long gone by now. Today, when You buy a gun through a dealer, you had better believe that the BATFE can track it down awfully quick!

i sold off a few over the past year or so, but still have enough to keep me entertained. i have thought about scaling down to reduce the number of calibers
i need to buy ammo for. a lot to keep stocked. just made me think about just how many i have. 25+/-
22,32,38,357,45,380,40,9x19,9x21,762x25,762x38,5.7x28, 30-06,303, 308, 8mm 762x54,762x51,223,762x39,8mm pistol,762argentine,410,12ga. but i love em all. so i guess not

Yep. I recently traded in my Winchester Model 88, which has been in the family for many years, on a new GSG-5, which I gave as a present to my brother-in-law.

But I just can't seem to be able to part with my Colt Detective's Special (which are no longer made). I have over-sized hand-grips on it, and have carried it in many configurations, though the last few years mostly in my jacket pocket. I've carried it for over forty years, both as a detective and a private citizen, and every time I pull the trigger (a thousand times or so) it goes bang!-never once a misfire. I've never shot a person with it, but in a number of sticky situations I was comforted knowing it was there, and the few people I've pointed it at never decided to take it on. A Glock or Kel-Tek or some other concealable 9mm or .40 cal auto would probably be a better overall CC weapon, but I just can't part with this one, and I trust it. (If I could I'd put a laser designation system on it, but no one makes one for it.)

Max

I generally always believe that it's a bad idea to sell a gun. Somewhere down the line, perhaps when you least expect it, the decision will crop back up and you'll find yourself trying to replace it -- and at a far higher cost than you paid to begin with, as a general rule. The only time I tend to sell a gun is when I realize, after some time on the range, that it was a mistake to buy it to begin with (for example, a Beretta Tomcat and a Taurus revolver) or when I've found a better collector's example than the one I've owned and can move up a notch. But that's just me.

That is funny. ATF can only trace from the mfg to the distributor to the retailer to the person that did the background check. Once the original buyer sells it, there is no trail.
When OSP does an instant check, at least last week when I made a purchase, they got the firearm description including the serial number, along with all my info. I don't know if they would provide it to ATF but I wouldn't be surprised.

Almost all of the guns I've collected since I got into shooting have been utilitarian. I've got a couple of "collectible" guns (I would lump my Garand and one of my 1911's in this mix)m but I shoot the heck out of them.
I've had several Mauser rifles, some of which could have been turned back into proper "collector" rifles with new stocks or other parts, but I prefer to turn them into custom rifles that I'll actually use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top