JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Go to Ebay or Gunbroker - you are not wanted here.

Maybe we should make a certain number of posts or set timer before a new member can post a for sale add. Its a bit annoying to wade through all the listings, only to find way overpriced pmags (3 pmags are not worth $200 yet.) or a stock 10/22 for $1000 listed by some dude with no feedback and only 3 posts. Its a great community of gun lovers, not a place to rape (metaphorically, I am sure there are other boards out there for that) fellow members for cash.

Just Venting

So.. Errr... Welcome to the boards.

Weird.... I got my pee pee smacked with a stick recently for creating an ad that poked fun at people like this and the current situation. I agree with you, this needs to be handled.

I sorta thought most of the ads before all this were priced a bit high and most by long term members. I find the resurrgance of capitalism around all this refreshing. Especially, when Obama has stiffled the economy for so long. It's kinda nice to see prepared people make a buck off of panic people. Kinda like economic Darwinism at work.

I do find it a bit creepy when a new member appears instantly and sells some panic item at a really high price. Other than the creepy feel when I see that, the only real issue I have is when the seller is nasty or rude about his/her high price. Buy low, sell high, just sell nice!

whats the ignore list?

9r2kyf.jpg

enter the SETTINGS for your account. add members to have their posts suppressed after you log in

9r2kyf.jpg

Go to Ebay or Gunbroker - you are not wanted here.

Maybe we should make a certain number of posts or set timer before a new member can post a for sale add. Its a bit annoying to wade through all the listings, only to find way overpriced pmags (3 pmags are not worth $200 yet.) or a stock 10/22 for $1000 listed by some dude with no feedback and only 3 posts. Its a great community of gun lovers, not a place to rape (metaphorically, I am sure there are other boards out there for that) fellow members for cash.

Just Venting

So.. Errr... Welcome to the boards.

Maybe we should, but that would have kept you from posting a for sale ad an hour after you had joined also.

What, my friend, do you think I was gouging on? Really, this question is just out of basic curiousity, not malice.

Just think, 20 minutes ago I did not even know about a list - now I am apparently on one. Only in America.:s0114:

You know what the funny thing about this thread is? Jdogg is on my ignore list for price gouging.

Too add insult to injury and stick my foot in my oversized mouth even farther (as far as being on an ignore list - and the $350 lower {although if you look at the add I really only want to trade it}... Dam, I should think before I rant!), I am working on a trade a very nice fellow posted, and he only had 7 posts and became a member a couple weeks ago. I am not only a Hippocrate, I am ridiculoously bad at being one as well.

Too add insult to injury and stick my foot in my oversized mouth even farther (as far as being on an ignore list - and the $350 lower {although if you look at the add I really only want to trade it}... Dam, I should think before I rant!), I am working on a trade a very nice fellow posted, and he only had 7 posts and became a member a couple weeks ago. I am not only a Hippocrate, I am ridiculoously bad at being one as well.

I went to your posts to check for myself and did not find anything...Thanks for busting yourself. Now I will put the "like" back on 22many as originally done.

I went to your posts to check for myself and did not find anything...Thanks for busting yourself. Now I will put the "like" back on 22many as originally done.

Thanks novamind. I have spent the last 5 days going through the classifieds up to 20 times a day to find price gougers. Yes, I know, to much effort but hey, I'm retired. Any kind of price gouging because of the current situation and the member gets added to my list. As in this case, it would seem that jdogg deleted his for sale threads so members couldn't go back and look. However it seems in this case the truth came out.

To jdogg: I have no idea what you are saying because your posts are blocked but some advice would be to not start a thread complaining about prices when you are guilty of it. Even if you were wtt you still took advantage of the situation.

I think it's a hoot that people place ads for PMags at crazy prices when I was at Fishermans today and they have them in stock for $24.99. Granted that is up $10 but still a heck of a lot less than the ads around here in the last week. Time for a sanity check me thinks!

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR