JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I currently have an eotech and love it, but find myself almost always shooting at either the 50 or 100 yard ranges from a bench. At these ranges the eotech seems hard to keep accurate and i think an acog with 4x magnification would allow me to shoot at those ranges comfortably and even further with no trouble. I never seem to shoot closer than 50 yards where the eotech would shine. I have weighed several factors with the given optics, and think the acog sounds best, but is expensive. I would like to hear your input regarding which you would suggest and why.

Eotech:
+already own one and like it
+very accurate within 50 or so yards
+practical for hd and fast target aquisition
-not very accurate at 100 yards
-no magnification
-batteries to run out

Eotech with magnifier:
+magnified optic with the ability to remove magnifier for closer work
+just have to get the magnifier, so cheaper than the acog
-2 parts
-i almost never use my rifle for targets less than 50 yards (though i may try to take some carbine courses or something in the future which may involve things like this)

ACOG:
+magnified
+no batteries
+good for 50+ yards
-not so good for less than 50 yards (i have read and heard about the bindon aiming concept but still think the eotech is better in this catagory)
-expensive
-expensive
-expensive

I am basing these criteria based on where i typically shoot, but am trying to get away from the bench. Where do you find yourselves able to do this? My range really only allows shooting at a bench at 25, 50, and 100 yards, which is getting a little boring to me.

I have a 4x magnifier for my eotech. I havent had the chance to shoot it past 200 yards, but it handles 50-200 yards like a champ.
I like the versatility of this setup. I have a flip to the side mount for the magnifier, so it takes less than a second to switch between long and short range.
I too dont do much short range stuff, but it's nice to know that I can easily.

Having said that, I love acogs. Matter of fact, I love pretty much everything that's powered by tritium. They usually have very clear optics as well.
It's just not practical for me right now to spend more money on something that's less versatile.

I shoot 2 MOA @ 100 yards with an Eotech or iron sights and my PTR 91 .. you shouldn't need magnification at that range unless you are shooting a genuine match grade target rifle for extremely tight groups

MrNiceGuy is right about the tip off Eotech magnifiers.. they are expensive but excellent accessories. I used to sell them

I'd say go with the magnifier with a flip mount. You already have the Eotech that you like, right?

I have an Aimpoint M4 and a magnifier with a flip mount on a Larue rail. I also use a 2.5-10 scope on a Larue rail for the same rifle. As nice as the scope is I almost like the Aimpoint setup better. I believe that the ACOG would be less flexible for me.

B

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads