JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems to me that ammo is more available, that is until I look at the classifieds here. On the classifieds it seems like prices are getting worse. But I have seen a fair amount of ammo in the stores lately. Just this past week I could have bought 2000 rounds of Federal .223 for $399 a thousand. I didn't buy it, thinking things were good for ammo. Now I feel like I should have bought it and offered some of it here for the .40 cents a round that it cost. I am considering doing that after seeing the classifieds again today. I have no interest in making any money off the ammo, I am not in that business but I am curious if anyone else is still interested in buying at that price if I see it again. I don't mind picking some up to help other people out if needed, I just don't need a lot more for myself. I would also be upset if I sold to anyone who resold it at higher prices.

Never hurts to offer ammo at the price it should be, if you can afford to play with your money until somebody repays you for it.

I have done the same when possible, at most it helps others who are not as informed to know what they should be paying versus those who are trying to make a quick buck.

I am also of the opinion that posting where to find ammo, does us shooters no good and prolongs this madness.

These scalpers are here trying to sell their stuff and are probably lurking the board for ammo intel.

Ammo is definitely becoming more available. I can walk into any one of the three Bi-Mart's around me twice a week and get 5.56, 9mm, and even .22 if I get there before noon. But the gougers will continue gouging anyone who is willing to be gouged for as long as there are people willing to pay their prices. If you're willing and able to help someone out who is unable to make it to a store while the ammo is on the shelves due to their work schedule then kudos to you for being willing to do that and for keeping more ammo out of gouger's hands. It's folks like you who make being a part of a community such as this rewarding. Thanks.

I would be interested in 5.56 to replace my supply as I shoot. The prices I have seen, like at NW Armory were sky high. An ammo Box of Federal 5.56 62 grn on stripper was offered for sale at $350.00. I walked away.
One of my boys who does not have a significant ammo supply paid $300 at Fisherman's Marine about a month ago for the same exact ammo. Still to high for my budget (I am spoiled by pre panic prices). But as I
continue to shoot at some point I will be wanting to replace what I use.

Please send me a PM about where the Federal .223 can be had for 2000/$395. if you come across any 5.56 (especially the federal 62 grn on stripper's at good prices I would be very interested).

I am also of the opinion that posting where to find ammo, does us shooters no good and prolongs this madness.

These scalpers are here trying to sell their stuff and are probably lurking the board for ammo intel.

I've noticed this too. I've started becoming very non-specific about posting exactly which store I find ammo in just because of this. I do want to help out my brothers and sisters if I can though and will pm a fellow member if I see ammo someone in true need is looking for.

I would be interested in 5.56 to replace my supply as I shoot. The prices I have seen, like at NW Armory were sky high. An ammo Box of Federal 5.56 62 grn on stripper was offered for sale at $350.00. I walked away.
One of my boys who does not have a significant ammo supply paid $300 at Fisherman's Marine about a month ago for the same exact ammo. Still to high for my budget (I am spoiled by pre panic prices). But as I

Please send me a PM about where the Federal .223 can be had for 2000/$395. if you come across any 5.56 (especially the federal 62 grn on stripper's at good prices I would be very interested).
No disrespect intended towards you and you might be a cool person but.....

I'd be leery of telling anybody that I had not met face to face or knew personally, as to where to find ammo.

I have seen quite a bit .223/5.56mm ammo on the shelf lately but will not share that info with anybody.

I have a fair amount of 22 and have thought about posting some for sale at what I paid prices but I always think it will sell to a gouger. I considered advertising it for $40-$50 a brick and when someone pm's me then tell them the actual cost.

Gee, Thanks for the warm reply.
If I meet more NW Firearms members with similar paranoid characteristics toward a new member (me) my post count will probably remain low (not that I choose to spend much time indoors on the internet anyway). I will however be willing to share any information with those who treat me in the same manner. I don't lose any sleep over the Gunbroker scalpers or any one else that try's to exploit the gun and ammo market. I just keep them off my radar and out of my wallet. Personally I think the public buying has minimal impact on what ammo is available. I have witnessed multiple deliveries to major distributors and they are just not getting what they order. I think it has something to do with the ammunition manufactures being required to supply the U.S. Government's orders prior to the retail public. I do have a friend who is the manager of a store that sells ammunition who lets me know whats on the next delivery truck. Its rarely exciting but sometimes worth getting to the store and waiting for the truck to be unloaded. I have seen a whole lot more weapons showing up on the gun store shelves lately. Probably a result of the gun manufactures starting to catch up after the gun buying frenzy that happened a few months ago. For a while NW Armory even had a security guard at the door and a line of customers waiting
each day for the store to open. No more guard (as of last Thursday) and no line. They even opened the door and invited me in before the official 10:00 opening time. Though they limit ammo buys to 100 rounds of any caliber per person. Not sure how they would handle that $350 ammo box of federal 5.56. Probably just considered a jumbo pack and limited to one rip off per customer.

Have a great day OP & enjoy the Sun Breaks in between the showers.

Scout67

I have been waiting since november on some 22LR 40 grn .06/round which I bought from Sportsman's Guide. They have assured me that they will fill the two open orders I have in June. It may not be premium match ammo but it will work in several of my weapons using conversion kits which helps keep the cost of regular practice down. Another source I have an open back order at for 22LR 40grn (I would have to look up their name)
will not commit to a delivery date. Sportsman's Guide said they are just fill orders as the ammo comes in. I don't think they are taking any back orders currently. They just have a will notify button so you will get an e-mail when the stock comes in. Its probably worth getting on their list, I have gotten a number of notices from suppliers of various gun related items that they have stock recently so the supply lines are starting to flow.

I think everyone would like to know where to get 2000 rounds for that price, but if you read the OPs post it is actually 1000/$395. He just stated that he could have got 2000 rounds total. That would be 2000/$790.

Thats still a great price on todays market. I wanted to take 2 day rifle class which just the cost was high but it cost what it cost. The class requires 800 rounds of ammo. I tried to talk the instructor into letting me use
a 22LR conversion but they want you to use the real stuff and deal with the recoil. The instructor would supply the ammo 223 55 grn reloads 1000 rounds/$700. So 1000 rounds for $395 is still a big savings. Before I take any class using that much ammo I will find some affordable 223 vs using up my pre panic federal green tip just for a class. My miss read on the OPs price per round. Thanks for clarifying it for meLTRGUY261.
So I would still be into buying 1000 rounds of 223 (except wolf) for $395.

Gee, Thanks for the warm reply.
If I meet more NW Firearms members with similar paranoid characteristics toward a new member (me) my post count will probably remain low (not that I choose to spend much time indoors on the internet anyway). I will however be willing to share any information with those who treat me in the same manner.
It has nothing to do with paranoia nor was my posting intended as an unwelcome reply.

Sorry if you took it that way, not my intent.

There are people here that have been here longer than myself and are way more active here than myself that I would not share where I have seen ammo.

I am not a huge active participant on this Forum, all members here unless I have met them are just faceless people on the Internet.

It is not just you I would not share where I have seen ammo, do not take it personally.

It has everything to do with lurkers reading this Forum and then run out and buy all the ammo off the shelf to turn around and try and sell it to shooters at an inflated price.

Think I'm paranoid, check out the Reloading and Ammo Classified Forums and see for yourself how many NEW members with low post counts are here just to sell over-priced ammo.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, not trying to be a jerk. It would be totally different to share ammo intel if there wasn't so many scalpers here trying to sell their wares.

OP, I take no offense. I understand your concerns. My life is very simple, I am not one of those of whom you describe! My only interest in joining this form was stated in my initial post. To associate with like minded
people. I assume I have joined a forum of people who support most of the same principals that I do. Ammo sources are not really much of big secret with those active in the gun world. Back a few months ago I was paying $164/420 5.56 62 grn green tip federal NATO on stripper in an ammo box. Then I saw it go up to $200.00 at which point I deemed my supply adequate. Since then I have not bought one shell of 5.56. I get your point about sharing specific exceptional good buys via PM vs putting it out for the trolls with scalping intentions. . When I run out of my cheap 223 and get tired of shooting 22LR I will get serious about buying some 5.56
or affordable 223 for practice long before I deplete my inventory of quality ammo.

Sure enjoyed those few Sun Breaks today & hope you did to!

You know, I went into the Tulalip Cabela's a week ago, and they had about 6 different brands of 55 gr. .223/5.56 for sale. I would say they had about 4-5K of each brand, and each box was $2-3 more than it would have been in November. I went in last night, and there was none on the shelves. I know we're coming up on the end of the month, and I've heard they manipulate their invetnory and prices just before having their next month's sale. They've had a POF AR15 for a couple weeks at $1999, and that same one was $3K with a scope on it yesterday....

BI-MART! BI-MART! Federal 5.56 55grn fmj 1000rnds $399. It is up from the $299 pre-sandyhook. It's back in stock now at most BI-MARTS! They don't usually put it out for you to see and they don't have a sticker on the shelf for it, you have to ask them to check in the back. YOUR WELCOME.

I was pretty active on checking with my local walmarts and bimarts for about two weeks and was able to get 800 of 9mm and 800 of 40, now im building an ar and im looking for 223 and haven't found any yet, but I haven't gave up,

I was pretty active on checking with my local walmarts and bimarts for about two weeks and was able to get 800 of 9mm and 800 of 40, now im building an ar and im looking for 223 and haven't found any yet, but I haven't gave up,

Sportsman's or whatever they were and/or are now called on 82nd south of Johnson Creek has had .223 in regularly the past few weeks.

Still hard to find 9mm regularly, but .45 is starting to come back. .40's been back a long time now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top