JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some general apparently said US troops might be in a shooting war with China by 2025.

Probably just generic fear mongering
One General officer sends out a message to his major command with those words, he is likely a bit nervous about everything going on. I would bet he's been called in for a "Come to Jesus" by his bosses. Our Command Staff is as afraid of offending China as the NBA. Nuclear scientists have moved the nuclear clock (Armageddon Clock) to 90 seconds to midnight. They have never put it that close before, even during the Cuban missile crisis. Let's not forget North Korea. That is a complete wildcard. As far as Ukraine goes, when the Soviet Union broke up, we made promises to Russia that the spin off states from the old USSR would NOT be brought into NATO. I don't like Putin or Russia any more than the next good citizen, but we're rattling cages that should be left alone. Sending 30 frontline battle tanks to Ukraine is crazy. Hate to see a few of those get captured by the Russians. The stage is set for another global conflict. Central Europe and the Pacific Rim. Get ready for ration cards. I still have some of those from my Dads stuff during WWII.

I"ll start worrying when the draft is reinstated for all the food etc. to need to go to our troops. I would be more worried about the massive influx of "asylum" seekers causing the situation you are describing.

To the original question, no. A shift to what would be considered a wartime economy isn't practically feasible now. We are a hybrid of a welfare state and multiple, industry specific monopolies. Tug on that mess a little too aggressively and watch the whole thing crumble. Especially since most of the major food processors are Chinese owned.

He's a jackwagon that has his agenda (shtick) that he uses for his employment purposes.
Oh, and the NATO officer didn't add any value to the vid, either.
YMMV
OK. So now we know how you feel about him. Do you have any thoughts about the topic of this thread, which was the forecast of the NATO admiral, or do you just want to sit here and crap on it?

Depends on what points you put together. I'm aware of couple YouTube channels putting it together daily past year or so. They are kinda excited these days; one in particular. The Canadian Preper on YouTube. I've followed him for years originally for camping outdoors stuff. He still seems rational but excited. What can you do though? Should be preparing everyday in general. A lot can go wrong in our lives. But sometimes I wonder what the draft cut off age is.
And you kinda got to consider it's not really just Russia or Ukraine going at it.
Draft age cutoff is age 26

To the original question, no. A shift to what would be considered a wartime economy isn't practically feasible now. We are a hybrid of a welfare state and multiple, industry specific monopolies. Tug on that mess a little too aggressively and watch the whole thing crumble. Especially since most of the major food processors are Chinese owned.
So, at that point what we have here domestically is a CF.

Unless they have a plan to coordinate poisoning our food supply with invading Taiwan, Chinese ownership isn't much of an issue. The operations can be put under US government conservatorship, nationalized, or sold off to US citizens/corporations. They won't be shut down.

On the other hand, US corporations have made enormous investments in Mainland China, and those will be confiscated at the outset of any war.

The question is, will Apple demand that we surrender so they can keep the introduction of the newest iphone on track? How about the NBA? And the other companies that are dependent on continued trade with China?

A face-off shooting war is somewhat avoidable by establishing that we have the ability to shut down sea traffic in and out of the South China Sea. If the raw materials for China's industrial economy, especially oil, are shut down by an effective blockade, they have little to gain and a lot to lose. The same goes for things coming out of China. The credible ability to blockade is more of a threat than the ability to fight face-to-face, and China is decades from being able to break a blockade beyond the islands of their neighbors.

I think that above-referenced article is intended to alert the public to the need to bolster the armed forces so it has the ability to conduct such an operation.

^^^ I had heard that the US military is having a hard time recruiting lately. This seems to coincide with the youth of America being as soft as marshmallows on a Phoenix driveway.
Que the welfare state.

If there is as big a recession as the doomsayers claim, maybe some of the youth will be incentivized to get into the military to ease the hunger pains.

This brings up the question: What would the Great Depression have been like if the Welfare State had been as extensive in 1929 as it is now? "Talk among yourselves!" ( with a tip of the hat to Mike Meyer's "Coffee Talk")

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top