JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering what the deal is on these. I know that the AK has a rep sometimes of not being all that accurate, but very dependable.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm wondering especially about accuracy. Link

Thanks. :s0155:

I bought one recently. Just put a scope on it and haven'tsighted it in yet. Sure looks like a great gun. Shot it a little with open sights and it seemed to shoot pretty good just shooting at a stick or something in the pasture. I really like it so far. A little on the heavy side with a full clip.

My cousin has one that we shot a coupple weekends back. With some cheap ammo he bought at a gun show it was shooting about 2 MOA from an improvised rest. I wouldn't recommend them for accuracy shooting but his was lots of fun to blast with (we were also ringing a 10" steel plate at 200yds and that thing would really swing!).

I have one but run the open sights on it. It was designed as a sporting rifle so it has much better accuracy than a regular AK. I consistently hit a paper plate at 100 freestanding with semi-rapid fire. The biggest downfall is there is less of an aftermarket following. Especially fun with the 25rnd mags though.

The mags are good, just expensive. I had one and consistently got 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards with cheaper american eagle brass ammo and a bit bigger with wolf. I think someone could hand load for it and get pretty close to M.O.A.. You definitely want to convert though, the stock trigger is awful and has a weird geometry, so figure that into the cost. If you do it yourself it shouldn't cost more than a hundred or so, depending on the stock you choose. I've been thinking about getting another one.

I know 2 people with them (real people not internet rumors) that have had a gunsmith work on them because of not cycling right...

I never understood when companies change cal. on rifles. Ar15=AR10, AR9, AR45 AKM=Saiga762

You should get a gun that was designed for that CAL. like a FAL or M1a

The original M16 was actually designed as a 7.62 NATO round but had to switch to a 5.56 because of complaints that it was too hard to use the charging handle. There are always some mechanical malfunctions with any piece of equipment. I've heard of "regular" AK's not cycling also as well as AR's which my buddy's in the service hated them just cause a wrong look would get them to jam.

Well don't know much about saiga--- but i have a remington 308 carbine semi
auto with 5 20 shot mags. That i had a freind make for me that work just fine. And it is made in the usa. And at 1500 yards it is dead on.
Thats my 2 cents

Funny that you say that. The FAL was not originally designed for 7.62 NATO. In fact, it is said to be almost too much for this platform.

Gunny, if you can stretch your budget for a FN-AR, do not overlook it.

I'm just looking for a new toy. I already have AR's. I'm thinking of a Saiga 12 shotgun with a drum mag and a Saiga 7.62/308. I was hoping since they are built in Russia by their military factory (is that right?) that they would be decent guns.

??

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads