JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just don't have a buttstock that isnt installed on a rifle and you'll be fine.

None of the 6 already overworked ATF agents in the NW will have a problem with that.

And don't ever use the phrase "Unregistered Machine Gun" again even in jest :).

IMG_0668.JPG
Do you need a pistol style buffer tube to use a pistol upper on an AR or does removing the butt stock work?

The lower can't have ever had a stock on it. "Removing" implies it did, therefore is a rifle. Only a receiver sold as a pistol, or "receiver" ( bare ) can have a short upper without being an NFA..( theres also the "firearm" thing, but I dont think you can homebuild one, correct me if Im wrong ).

I did my 1st pistol beck in '06 using an A2 buffer tube and a foam sleeve, plugged the screw hole also just to CYA.

ETA.....was slow posting and didnt see your last one.....

As long as it was in pistol config first, you should br GTG.

FWIW, just bought a shockwave blade equipped pistol lower.....no need to "swap" to a stock, if you know what I mean ;)

You can build a 26"+ "firearm" yourself. You can also buy a complete lower with buttstock on it and remove the buttstock to build a pistol as long as it was never transferred as a rifle. Its not a rifle unless it came barreled and transferred as a rifle on the 4473 and excise tax was paid by the manufacturer as such. You can build a pistol and then make it into a rifle and then make it back into a pistol. It just cannot have started as a complete rifle.

A1 barrel chopped to 5" with a 5.5" flash hider to get it past the handguard. Ran a Ceiner kit.....was fun, but my 10/22 was way more accurate, ended up parting it out.

Totally of topic but if you do another CMMG makes a dedicated 1:16" twist .22LR barrel in several different lengths. You use the CMMG/Atchison kit with a special feed ramp to take place of the chamber insert. They run 100% and shoot very accurately. This is mine with the 4.5" barrel.

ziHPvy.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads