JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here are my other Colt replicas, and a Lemat rifle replica I had to have!
8787994_1.jpg
-verkauft-revolvergewehr-colt-model-1855-sporting-rifle-gekurzte-full-stock-rifle-.jpg
picture (1).JPG

Come one, Come all! Black Rifle Coffee waitin on ya'all, breakfast is at 6 sharp, and plenty of parking. Range goes hot at 8 and the shootin doesn't stop until the ammo runs out:p:D:p
I got 1500 rounds of airgun ammo and it is single shot so you will be waiting a loooooooooong time!

I got 1500 rounds of airgun ammo and it is single shot so you will be waiting a loooooooooong time!

I used to fall asleap with the sounds of gunfire and high explosives going off, and Jets taking off and landing, Helicopters starting up and buzzing around at all hours, Believe me, I can sleep through practically any thing, so you can just keep on shootin till the cows come home:p

Useful, or art, does not need to be exclusive terms.

I have seen motorcycles and cars with the most beautiful paint jobs and customization. And they are driven or rode. They are still art!

An engraved revolver. Such artistic talent to produce such an item. Worn to a wedding or shot at the range, it is still art!

The 1911 above, although very useful, should never be considered art.

WAYNO.

I would agree function and art are different..
That said, I've got an old .308 semi auto from my dad with some beautiful gold inlaid scroll work that I just can't bring myself to hunt with. Maybe it's the sentimental value and memories of hunting with him, but I don't want it treed. He was pretty meticulous with his stuff and it looks new. if it was my only option for a bang stick, I likely would look at it differently, but choices are nice and so are good memories.

Thanks Ura-Ki
Bottom picture Left to right:
Tryon Fowler circa 1800 about .410 gauge
Abraham Sweitzer Long Rifle circa 1780 now re-stocked ,converted to percussion and now , smooth bore , about .60 caliber.
Reading or Berks County Long rifle .47 caliber circa 1800-1830's
Bedford County Long Rifle .47 caliber circa 1820
Huntington County Long rifle .45 caliber circa 1850's
Andy

Good eye Libertas...
The compartments are called patch boxes in this case.
You can carry shooting patches , cleaning gear , a touch hole feather , small take down tools extra flints etc ... in the box.
( I'm not the best hunter .. so I carry a sandwich in mine :D )
The overhang is the push button release for that patch box.
Some patch boxes had a button release some did not.
the button release position can vary ... at times on top , bottom , disguised as a screw head ...

Some guns just had a grease hole in the side of the stock.
On later guns with the percussion system the boxes are called cap boxes.
Andy

After the era Andy's long guns are from, a shooter would have a pair of greavs with pouches to hold these accessories. The greavs also protected your for arm from the cylinder flash from shooting the Revolving Rifles and the Root Muskets and Shotguns!

I used to fall asleap with the sounds of gunfire and high explosives going off, and Jets taking off and landing, Helicopters starting up and buzzing around at all hours, Believe me, I can sleep through practically any thing, so you can just keep on shootin till the cows come home:p
Pretty sure anybody can sleep through my air rifle shooting. The guys at the last clean up at range #3 have heard it and it is early quiet. I can think of a few things you couldn't sleep through though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top