Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Is a Firearm Inventory Record Part of Your Estate Plan?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Raygun, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Raygun

Raygun Walla Walla, WA New Member

For those that are not keeping an accurate paper or electronic record of what's in their gun closets, I've built a fillable .pdf, Personal Firearms Inventory Record, to simplify the process. Use it for estate planning purposes, or as a daily ready-reference.

HERE'S THE LINK: ARTICLES

Anyone having a problem with the download process, please contact me for help. This is my first go-around with the form builder. Enjoy.

2. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

Is this an ad for your site?

I keep a spreadsheet on Dropbox in an encrypted TrueCrypt container. If Dropbox is ever breached, no worries, it's encrypted. If my home is burglarized, no worries, it's on Dropbox. I also have backups on CrashPlan.

If I die, my wife is going to be looking at a pile of guns saying "what is all this stuff?" She's not really a gun person. What she'll really need is someone to come in and say "this is what they're worth, these are the legal procedures to sell, etc." Best person to do that is a gun-knowledgeable friend.

206thsense and (deleted member) like this.
  3. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

sure wish I knew how to do that.

4. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

If I can get ahead of my homework, I will knock out a simple spreadsheet and upload it to the site. Then everyone can have it for free, and you wont even have to input any information to be bothered by an estate auctioneer. I do like a good estate auction, just not to be solicited in a subversive way. Give me a couple weeks, guys.

skydiver and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Raygun

Raygun Walla Walla, WA New Member

I'd be happy to send anyone that doesn't want to go through the download process on the Triggers website a copy of the Personal Firearms Inventory Record via private message. Just tell me where to send it, and I'll be happy to oblige. If someone would like to setup an open download through Northwest Firearms, I have no objections. I built the document to be used by as many as can use it.

If you're really concerned about email privacy on stuff like this, it's a simple matter of setting up an alternate email account via gmail, or yahoo for download purposes. That way, any follow-up emails from vendors won't go into your personal inbox.

6. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

What is it you don't know how to do?

Use Dropbox?
    Use TrueCrypt?
    Use a spreadsheet?

7. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

Yes, I have a simple trust so they go to the people I want them to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Scoundrel

Scoundrel Western Wasington State Member

If you're OK with as many copies going out as people want, and aren't collecting our e-mail addresses for purposes of your own that have little to do with our privacy or the amount of spam we like to have in our mailboxes, then why not post an open link to the document instead of requiring a valid e-mail address?

9. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

yes, yes and yes (computer illiterate)

10. gtivan

gtivan Salem Member

You bet. It also comes with a map and metal detector to find where they are buried. :cool:

Sry, couldn't resist.

11. stevenmyers

stevenmyers el cajon New Member

@gtivan that was a good idea it will somehow give them an adventure but ofcourse you have to hide it in a place that is safe. I think I might create a good treasure hunting game for my kids once I died I better get an estate lawyer to fix the will LOL!!