JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A slow, warm, humid, lazy Saturday...
stirsthepot3.gif

All the special ops guys I knew that had to clear buildings for a living dropped their M4s and used their Barettas. Rifle outside, pistol inside. They had a freaky stance too with their pistols tucked in up by their face so they could shoot fast as the looked around corners. Not what I expected at all.

As said I know that if you are able and comfortable to use a rifle then good for ya! I am first to admit I am not a rifle shooter. I train, practice, and shoot my pistols. So with that I trust myself with them.
My irritation comes from the mall ninja type who have a rifle they have shot a few times and likely do have a sandwich holder attachment on it.
@Just Jim yes a swat team is more effective as are military personnel. I know I am neither of these and in order to defend my family to the best of MY ability I use what I train with. As should everyone rather than just using what they think looks cool on TV.
I am much more at ease with a free hand and turning corners without a long gun trying to go around...Aside from the fact that I will not have 4 other guys in swat uniforms watching my back if someone grabs the end of my rifle.
I know there are pro rifle, pro pistol folks all over. I am just going to be pro pistol that fits nicely under my pillow no matter what ballistics or strategically makes more sense to anyone but me.

Maybe some day I will have a rifle I trust in like I do my pistols for close range. As of now if I am using two hands it is a M&P 40 pro in one hand and a CZ 75 9mm in the other....not two hands to hold a rifle....CZs also make awesome clubs btw.

M&P .40 in one hand and a CZ 9mm in the other is a bad idea! If you have high cap magazines that .40 cal hand will spin you like a top!;)

Perhaps not.
Gotta "fight your way to your rifle!". with your good looks.. not cowardly or lazy at all (that was a joke right there since..). Good luck. Of course lolz.
Guess what,.. yer dead.

I see no logic at all behind your assertion here. Growing up as a small boy watching THE RIFLEMAN TV series, I clearly recall that all of the guys in the shootouts that used handguns ended up like this: :eek:

rifle1.jpg

rifle2.jpg

rifle3.jpg

When bad guys always wore black, pistols typically maxed out at 5-6 rounds. Capacity of the Winchester Model 1892 in .44-40 was twice that. Reloads were kinda' clunky, but better than plunging empties out of a pistol cylinder ala single action.

Even without the big D ring "rapid fire" lever, that carbine and its variants served as the hi-cap assault rifles of their time (once they were finally invented).

Given the way it was used in the TV show, even the gloves make sense to me. I've seen more than a couple noobs pinch and bloody their trigger fingers trying to go fast with lever guns. Nevermind who, just trust me on that...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top