JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Across the desert, and through the woods, shift into OVERKILL... That's my motto for the blotto!! o_O:D

The first two parts sound like books I used to read to my kids....Now I just sound them out to myself. I think it says Across the desert, and through the woods there once was a beer....however with age I might assume the real word in the book is BEAR.
No wonder my kids never ask for help with homework.

The first two parts sound like books I used to read to my kids....Now I just sound them out to myself. I think it says Across the desert, and through the woods there once was a beer....however with age I might assume the real word in the book is BEAR.
No wonder my kids never ask for help with homework.

In this day an age of pop-tops and you don't need a church key anymore to open a brewskie... Whutcha gunna do?

The real use for tea cups is they are good targets. Set four of them up at 100 yards and shoot them with your rifle from each position. Standing, kneeling, prone and sitting, when you can do this on demand you are a rifleman.:D

In this day an age of pop-tops and you don't need a church key anymore to open a brewskie... Whutcha gunna do?

I am going to keep typing and drinking coffee so I can pretend to be busy....otherwise I will be dragged into more packing and loading my truck up. Not enough coffee yet to get there....moving is the worst thing ever..Until you get to the nicer place.

Context.

DHTF (Dish hits the floor)
Away from home (AFA Away from Armory) WDYD (What Do You Do)?
Drive home, open gun safe (good) Load the Barrett.

Public disturbance in progress, (NoFlinch 35078.jpg 539.jpg Taku) etc 380.jpg
Plan your escape afoot with your BHB (Bug Home Bag).
SERE (Survive Evade Resist Escape) your way home, open gun safe (good) Load the AR.

Downtown Something Nasty Pride Festival
Your car disappears with your BHB.
Walk to Tigard, takes !FOREVER!
Get home, open gun safe (good) Load the Ruger Bearcat.
(with zombie killin, anti-armor, home defense 22 bolits).

Context.

DHTF (Dish hits the floor)
Away from home (AFA Away from Armory) WDYD (What Do You Do)?
Drive home, open gun safe (good) Load the Barrett.

Public disturbance in progress, (NoFlinchView attachment 240644View attachment 240645Taku) etcView attachment 240646
Plan your escape afoot with your BHB (Bug Home Bag).
SERE (Survive Evade Resist Escape) your way home, open gun safe (good) Load the AR.

Downtown Something Nasty Pride Festival
Your car disappears with your BHB.
Walk to Tigard, takes !FOREVER!
Get home, open gun safe (good) Load the Ruger Bearcat.
(with zombie killin, anti-armor, home defense 22 bolits).

Them some scary mug shots....

Oh boy....good luck with the "I keep 2 AR10s hanging over my bed" crowd. They "need" that rifle. Ya know if you miss with a .308 at least it is likely to kill someone within your neighborhood. I like to avoid those kind of bullets in the homestead....Which is why .357 is a last resort. Them some potent pistol rounds.
Yer a little bit of awesome. I wasn't trying to be the slappy drill sergeant here or anything, of course.. just laying down like twelve words or something.

Standard 5.56 / .223 FMJ has been proven to be less likely to over penetrate through walls than most pistol rounds - the bullets yaw and break up and pass through fewer walls than 9mm JHPs. They're also more lethal against humans and better against the 1 in a billion body armor wearing home invaders.

The rifle also is the more accurate of the two weapons, which is another important factor in play.

The biggest benefit of the pistol is it's compactness and one-handed operation capabilities. Even a light weight AR-15 is unwieldy when used one handed, even when supported by a sling. The pistol allows for you to use your off hand for other tasks - usinga flash light, opening doors, turning on/off light switches, pushing loved ones behind you or out of the line of fire, fighting hand-to-hand, or eating your choice of snack food while holding the bad guy/girl/thing at gun point until the cops or coroner arrive to take custody of him/her/it. But there's probably a picatinny rail attachment for a sandwhich holder you can bolt onto an AR...

We keep a few guns at the ready just in case - the primary bump in the night/ defend the family from pirate zombie ninja hordes though is an AR with a red dot and a white light, and of course a sling attached. There's also the shotgun, for those times when the invaders are thuggish bears, hopped up tweakers who shrug off a .223 hit, or the possible evil mutant ninja turtle that would seek to do us harm. Lets see his shell stop a 1 oz rifled slug.

Not afraid to use any of our firearms in the house honestly, if we need to defend the house. Keeping the family safe and alive is of more concern than what a missed shot *might* do if it ever came down to a shoot out with bad guys in teh house.
Lazy coward preaching to the choir? I hear you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top