JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a PT 709 that i just bought and it seems to be alot more snappy then my sig P239 in .40 .. So Im goin to sell or trade the 709 and get either a G27 Or 26, am I gonna have the same snappy recoil with the G26 as i do the 709:confused: Iv owned a G27 and loved it.:D

In the same gun (steel frame or polymer) the 40 will always be more "snappy".. with the two guns you mentioned it's apples and oranges

As a general rule, 40 is "snappier" than either 9mm or 45acp.

Although, different guns handle recoil differently. Comparing a taurus to a sig, it's not hard to believe the sig handled nicer. As far as g26 vs g27, the g26 has a reputation of being much more tame than the 27.

Although, different guns handle recoil differently. Comparing a taurus to a sig, it's not hard to believe the sig handled nicer. As far as g26 vs g27, the g26 has a reputation of being much more tame than the 27.

The Taurus model he has is a slim frame polymer gun..

^this...

Many things determine how your firearm deals with recoil. Barrel thickness, barrel length, overall weight, weight distribution (center of gravity), ect, ect...that is before you start dealing with bullet grains and callibers.

So which would you go with as far as the G26 9mm or the G27 .40? this is going to be for conceal carry.

Nothing to do with the fact that I know you have wanted every G27 I have had for sale/trade since you sold me yours.....I would go with 40 S&W over the 9mm any day. Makes more sense to me. 9mm may be cheaper to shoot, but I'd feel more comfortable protecting myself with the 40.

Nothing to do with the fact that I know you have wanted every G27 I have had for sale/trade since you sold me yours.....I would go with 40 S&W over the 9mm any day. Makes more sense to me. 9mm may be cheaper to shoot, but I'd feel more comfortable protecting myself with the 40.

lol make me sound obsessed :D

So which would you go with as far as the G26 9mm or the G27 .40? this is going to be for conceal carry.

You gotta ask yourself that...I, personally, like the G-27 with the +1 mag extrender so my pinky can grab on it. But if the .40 S&W is too snappy for you, then go 9mm.

Have you looked at the G-36 at all? Especially for CCW, it is a bit slimmer than the other two.

I thikn the 9mm i have is snappy... I havent shot many 9mm's so thats why i asked... the pt709 slim seems very snappy to me.. i have owned a G27 and it shot very well for me..

I CC'd a Sig p239 (in .357 Sig) and a Kahr MK9, the Sig (even in .357 Sig) had less recoil than the MK9, and the MK9 isn't "bad" compared to some of the small polymer guns, MK's have the metal frame. The reason I gave up the Sig was that it was way different than the rest of my handguns being DA/SA and all the rest being DAO. I would get used to the Sig and then go to shoot the others and they would feel like they had broken triggers or something, and vice versa.

I just got a g27 and shot it for the first time today and loved it all ive owned though is 40s never a 9mm if you get the g27 you can always get a 9mm barrel and shoot both it you get the g26 im pretty sure you cant convert it to 40

I just got a g27 and shot it for the first time today and loved it all ive owned though is 40s never a 9mm if you get the g27 you can always get a 9mm barrel and shoot both it you get the g26 im pretty sure you cant convert it to 40

You are correct.

It is possible to convert a 27 to 9mm, but to do it reliably you'll want to get a conversion barrel, a glock26 extractor, and at least one g26 magazine.

You can get away with just a conversion barrel, but I wouldnt trust its reliability for concealed carry.

There is no way around Newton's 3rd Law of Motion.

So, all things being equal, the ammunition with the greater energy will also generate the greater kick back. As to how that kick back manifests itself, depends on the design and material of the gun.

The PT 709 is a small slim frame pistol so it's gonna be a bit snappy and not as accurate as say a larger robust 9mm . My wife has the Taurus PT 111 9mm and it's pretty tame compared to my XDm .40 . I were looking at maybe getting a PT 709 for the wife because it's smaller but I'm wondering if it would be to snappy for her . I have a problem shooting the PT 111 as my thumb hit's the Mag release button sometimes . I may have to go check out a PT 709 this weekend .

So I have a PT 709 that i just bought and it seems to be alot more snappy then my sig P239 in .40 .. So Im goin to sell or trade the 709 and get either a G27 Or 26, am I gonna have the same snappy recoil with the G26 as i do the 709:confused: Iv owned a G27 and loved it.:D

Ya want snappy - get a glock 20 or 29 and some double tap ammo...that's snappy!

Agree with post above - have a 709, XDm 9mm, g29 and 1911. The 709 and the g29 are the snappiest.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews