JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope it's like the old 55 MPH speed limit. If you ignore it long enough maybe common scense will take hold and all will be normal again soon.

In Oregon, a C&R license is basically a waste of money... even C&R transfers must go through an FFL
SB941 says all transactions must go through a " gun dealer" Unless outlined in 18 923 U. S. C. And ORS 166.436& 438. "b) "Transferee" means a person who is not a gun dealer or licensed as a manufacturer or importer under 18 U.S.C. 923 and who intends to receive a firearm from a transferor."

03 FFL uses the terms " collector" license vs dealer, thus wherein possible issue lies.

According to USC 18 923( federal law) Paragraph D, collectors are defined as having a "license" SB941 contradicts itself in the wording of the law.

By citing USC 18, 923 which includes collectors and other types of FFL licenses which are omitted from SB941 text.. I don't see how they could cite federal law and cherry pick or omit how the federal law is written.

Basically they haven't got a clue about what they wrote into SB941. I would think this could be challenged in court if it came to that. Oregon State Police won't even comment on this. Senator Prozanski who helped write this moronic law should have someone clarify. But they wont..

Last Edited:
I thought Judge Rashio was having all parties return to the court on February 3?
As far as I am aware there are not any hearing dates currently scheduled.

In federal court, supposedly there is to be 3 days of oral arguemens scheduled at the end of February, but nothing is on the books yet. A status conference is scheduled for 02/09.

In State court, Judge Raschio said he would be touching bases with the state in March (when the federal stay is set to expire) to see if the state is prepared to present the permit to purchase portion for constitutional examination... and if they are... a court date will be set within 10 days, but again... nothing firm on the books yet.

In the court of appeals, there has been no response/opinion issued on the states mandamus petition, as of yet.

So at the moment, all of 114 remains enjoined. Business as usual.

Last Edited:
Thought I read it here. Obviously mistaken. So unless the OSC steps in, February looks like a good month. Except for the waiting period, which is definitely BS.
Well... there was a 02/02 deadline for a plaintiffs brief in response to the federal courts question and a 02/09 date for the defendants response to be filed... to coincide with the progress conference on the same day... and I'm pretty sure that was posted somewhere's around here. Maybe that's why the date stuck in mind(?)

The only real "key" date that would affect any effective stay though is in the state court... likely some time in later March. It makes no difference what immerkraut has to say while Saint Raschio has her by the short hairs.

The appeals court could throw a wrench in at any moment, but they obviously don't seem too hot to trot to make a move either way just yet.

Well... there was a 02/02 deadline for a plaintiffs brief in response to the federal courts question and a 02/09 date for the defendants response to be filed... to coincide with the progress conference on the same day... and I'm pretty sure that was posted somewhere's around here. Maybe that's why the date stuck in mind(?)

The only real "key" date that would affect any effective stay though is in the state court... likely some time in later March. It makes no difference what immerkraut has to say while Saint Raschio has her by the short hairs.

The appeals court could throw a wrench in at any moment, but they obviously don't seem too hot to trot to make a move either way just yet.
Thanks Yarome! Yes, the brief. So I was sorta close to the gist of the date. Man, I hope this law gets deep sixed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top