JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Correct me if Im wrong,but wasn't the IRS the same agency that went after capone and the bootleggers. I believe they have been armed for quite some time at least an arm of the IRS.

The FBI used tax evasion to get Capone. The IRS didn't get Capone.

Post Now - How the IRS took down Al Capone

"
How the IRS took down Al Capone
By Washington Post editors

Al Capone ordered a special heavy pocket sewn into each of his custom-made suits -- the better to cut down on wear-and-tear from his revolver.

But it wasn't the revolver that did in Capone. On a day much like today, it was the tax man who nabbed him, writes The Post's Mary Pat Flaherty on the Crime Scene blog.

For a man who declared no income, Capone threw an awful lot of money to tailors, realtors, hoteliers, cops, bootleggers, bookies, prostitutes and crooked politicians.

Capone's lavish spending and the Internal Revenue Service's chronicling of its during the three-year investigation that eventually sent Capone to prison for tax evasion are laid out in a cache of documents posted without fanfare deep in the IRS Web site.

What better day to dust those record off than April 15?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

In a rare -- indeed, the IRS says, unique action -- the tax agency in 2008 released a number of its intelligence unit's 1931 reports on the investigation into Capone and the Chicago mob."

"In October 1931, Capone wasconvicted and then sentenced to 11 years in federal prison -- including Alcatraz in one move. He was released after seven years.

He owed $215,000 plus interest in back taxes."

Criminal Enforcement

My wife's aunt is an IRS Criminal Investigation (CI) Special Agent. She investigates organized crime, get rich quick cons and money laundering. She carries a badge and a Glock. The field audit agents do not.

Seizure agents look like SWAT guys and may carry heavy weapons during a raid, I suppose a shotgun could be used for door breaching.

I was at the range qualifying years ago, when I heard full-auto gun fire coming from a few burms over. I asked the range master who was using full-auto. He said, the IRS. I finished up and went over to check out their equipment, they have some nice stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top