Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

IRS showing up with Shotguns

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DMax, May 30, 2013.

1. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Just another gov agency arming up. Another reason to never every give up our 2A rights. Don't forget this is the agency that will be giving you all your free healthcare, (only if you are a democrat)

IRS agents carrying shotguns not a big deal?

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

In the Factcheck column in todays Oregonian they say that's false, but they cite The Washington Post as their source.

3. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Birds of a feather

4. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

if the Oregonian or Washington post really fact checked they would be out of business.the daily fish wrapper!

5. spreck

spreck bellingham Member

Correct me if Im wrong,but wasn't the IRS the same agency that went after capone and the bootleggers. I believe they have been armed for quite some time at least an arm of the IRS.

6. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

FBI

7. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Yep, they have probably got loads of useful idiots ready to step on the necks of their American brothers.

spreck and (deleted member) like this.
  8. spreck

spreck bellingham Member

Exactly, Arm of the IRS they got him for tax evasion. Like Dmax said birds of a feather.

9. FORKLIFT252

FORKLIFT252 Oregon Active Member

I have reason to believe that they have authorization to carry anything deemed necessary.

10. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The FBI used tax evasion to get Capone. The IRS didn't get Capone.

11. Father of four

Post Now - How the IRS took down Al Capone

"
    How the IRS took down Al Capone
    By Washington Post editors

Al Capone ordered a special heavy pocket sewn into each of his custom-made suits -- the better to cut down on wear-and-tear from his revolver.

But it wasn’t the revolver that did in Capone. On a day much like today, it was the tax man who nabbed him, writes The Post's Mary Pat Flaherty on the Crime Scene blog.

For a man who declared no income, Capone threw an awful lot of money to tailors, realtors, hoteliers, cops, bootleggers, bookies, prostitutes and crooked politicians.

Capone's lavish spending and the Internal Revenue Service’s chronicling of its during the three-year investigation that eventually sent Capone to prison for tax evasion are laid out in a cache of documents posted without fanfare deep in the IRS Web site.

What better day to dust those record off than April 15?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

In a rare -- indeed, the IRS says, unique action -- the tax agency in 2008 released a number of its intelligence unit’s 1931 reports on the investigation into Capone and the Chicago mob."

"In October 1931, Capone wasconvicted and then sentenced to 11 years in federal prison -- including Alcatraz in one move. He was released after seven years.

He owed $215,000 plus interest in back taxes."

12. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Criminal Enforcement

My wife's aunt is an IRS Criminal Investigation (CI) Special Agent. She investigates organized crime, get rich quick cons and money laundering. She carries a badge and a Glock. The field audit agents do not.

Seizure agents look like SWAT guys and may carry heavy weapons during a raid, I suppose a shotgun could be used for door breaching.

13. Darknight

Darknight Salem Active Member

I was at the range qualifying years ago, when I heard full-auto gun fire coming from a few burms over. I asked the range master who was using full-auto. He said, the IRS. I finished up and went over to check out their equipment, they have some nice stuff.

14. Father of four

I would too if I had other peoples money to spend. Niiiiiice stuff.

PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  15. quneur

quneur Mukilteo, Wa Member

Eliot Ness was a Treasury agent.