JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is never nice to receive a letter from the IRS, this one a little worse. My wife is a little overzealous with the mail. The CCP Virus is not going to get us by gum! She puts the mail on hold for three or four weeks at a time and then when delivered she put is in the garage to mellow, I guess, meanwhile putting a hold on more mail. I am sure our carrier loves us. Anyway, after a week or more in the garage, she brings it in for me to sort and act if needed. Saturday night (the eighth) was mail night, a letter from the IRS had been waiting. It had an action due by date of Monday the 10th. It claimed that I had incorrectly claimed a Stimulus credit and owed $1200.39, I held the phone for several hours, but finally a nice younger voiced guy in Tennessee answered (I asked where he was) He looked it all up and said I had filed too soon and the Stimulus check caught up after I filed, but they still counted it as 2020. That logic goes against most of my meager accounting courses, but trying times, I guess. He did mention that those drawing unemployment checks are being hit hard too. I had paid an additional $1040 when I filed so this was even more. I don't mind paying, but don't like being teased. I did relate several grumbles; I am sure he was deeply saddened by my plight.

Someone here might hear from the IRS. Call them, you won't get satisfaction, but they seem nice.

This is interesting. When I saw your thread title I said..Hey, we got one of those. "Dept of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service" I thought uh-oh. Btu it was a letter telling us of another stimulus check coming. And it was signed by Sleepy/Creepy Joseph R Biden himself! As far as our taxes...Wifey hands a pile of stuff over to a gal that does them for us. Used to be easy, with Turbo Tax, but since mom passed there's a "Portfolio" to mess with.

This is interesting. When I saw your thread title I said..Hey, we got one of those. "Dept of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service" I thought uh-oh. Btu it was a letter telling us of another stimulus check coming. And it was signed by Sleepy/Creepy Joseph R Biden himself! As far as our taxes...Wifey hands a pile of stuff over to a gal that does them for us. Used to be easy, with Turbo Tax, but since mom passed there's a "Portfolio" to mess with.
Wife and I got those too, signed by Joe. Most seem to have forgotten the one party made a HUGE stink over Trump doing this. So when Joe did it the media blamed it on the IRS. Saying it was their mistake, that Joe did not know they did this. Sure.

Wife and I got those too, signed by Joe. Most seem to have forgotten the one party made a HUGE stink over Trump doing this. So when Joe did it the media blamed it on the IRS. Saying it was their mistake, that Joe did not know they did this. Sure.

Did they really? We're trying to understand if we're getting another check? That dumb letter says something about in the next seven days? Seem it was just a month or two ago that a check was deposited in Wifey's account. Nothing has changed for us financially during this whole crap show. Except we have SAVED money because of doing less. Other than having every thing closed and this country turning into some kind of creepy, scary sci-fi movie.

Did they really? We're trying to understand if we're getting another check? That dumb letter says something about in the next seven days? Seem it was just a month or two ago that a check was deposited in Wifey's account. Nothing has changed for us financially during this whole crap show. Except we have SAVED money because of doing less. Other than having every thing closed and this country turning into some kind of creepy, scary sci-fi movie.
When we got the letter we had already gotten the money. It was the $1400 per he was telling us to thank him for. Last time those who got checks they had Trump on them, and those who got direct got a letter from Trump. Left made a HUGE deal out of it. So when this time Joe's name is on there they claimed it was all a mistake.
If you did not already get the $1400 each may want to look at the IRS site for it. See what it says.

It is never nice to receive a letter from the IRS, this one a little worse. My wife is a little overzealous with the mail. The CCP Virus is not going to get us by gum! She puts the mail on hold for three or four weeks at a time and then when delivered she put is in the garage to mellow, I guess, meanwhile putting a hold on more mail. I am sure our carrier loves us. Anyway, after a week or more in the garage, she brings it in for me to sort and act if needed. Saturday night (the eighth) was mail night, a letter from the IRS had been waiting. It had an action due by date of Monday the 10th. It claimed that I had incorrectly claimed a Stimulus credit and owed $1200.39, I held the phone for several hours, but finally a nice younger voiced guy in Tennessee answered (I asked where he was) He looked it all up and said I had filed too soon and the Stimulus check caught up after I filed, but they still counted it as 2020. That logic goes against most of my meager accounting courses, but trying times, I guess. He did mention that those drawing unemployment checks are being hit hard too. I had paid an additional $1040 when I filed so this was even more. I don't mind paying, but don't like being teased. I did relate several grumbles; I am sure he was deeply saddened by my plight.

Someone here might hear from the IRS. Call them, you won't get satisfaction, but they seem nice.
If they just stopped federal taxes for a damn year and quit spending like a drunken hooker on a 7 day crack binge. We all would be better off rather than playing this damn shell game.

Um...wife unit needs to read up on how this thing is transmitted.

But Rona can supposedly live on cardboard for 24 hours and paper is even less. Have the mail delivered and let it sit in your mailbox for a day or two. You'll be fine.

Or if she's really worried, you can glove up and move the mail to the garage for a couple extra days. But letting your mail go a month before you read it is just asking for problems.

And honestly, given the choice between catching the Rona or being anally probed by the IRS...I'll take the Rona.

When we got the letter we had already gotten the money. It was the $1400 per he was telling us to thank him for. Last time those who got checks they had Trump on them, and those who got direct got a letter from Trump. Left made a HUGE deal out of it. So when this time Joe's name is on there they claimed it was all a mistake.
If you did not already get the $1400 each may want to look at the IRS site for it. See what it says.
I thought it was funky biden was sending this letter well after we got the money. guess that makes him a good guy wanting to make absolutely sure that you get a bunch of other peoples money even if you don't need it. That's okay, it'll have to be paid back so we'll have it right here.

Um...wife unit needs to read up on how this thing is transmitted.

But Rona can supposedly live on cardboard for 24 hours and paper is even less. Have the mail delivered and let it sit in your mailbox for a day or two. You'll be fine.

Or if she's really worried, you can glove up and move the mail to the garage for a couple extra days. But letting your mail go a month before you read it is just asking for problems.

And honestly, given the choice between catching the Rona or being anally probed by the IRS...I'll take the Rona.
I get it and have explained it to her. I could more easily explain it to Killer Whale, the Whale might act interested. She is just starting to distrust Fauci. I call that a win.

I thought it wasn't taxable? so that seems odd.
They said I had received the Credit erroneously, they were not taxing the Stimulus, but the tax credit I received (Like I got paid twice, they were right) still I was not at fault, and it seemed that they were telling me I was wrong in claiming it. I was not at the time, but times change, and the government still wins.

9ea2a08a159a6977.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top